Intransit Excursions

SD_Traveler

We’re booked on 14 day Alaska cruise and I noticed that quite a few shore excursions in Anchorage are labeled ‘intransit’. The cruise does not start or end at this port so I wonder if a more experienced cruiser can tell me what this means. I found nothing online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Presuming your cruise ports in Seward/Anchorage? Is it also sold as two 7 day cruises? Those excursions would be for the passengers doing 14 days who want to see Anchorage on turnaround day, or visit other glaciers that day. EM

An Instransit Excursion is a good way to spend the day if one so desires. For one from Seward to Anchorage, be aware that it is a good 2 hour+ drive to and from Anchorage and the scenery will be the same. But, if it is a HAL tour and there would be an accident on the road that would stop traffic for awhile on your return to the ship, (and such accidents do happen with long delays for those driving), I am sure the ship would wait for your tour to return before the lines are dropped.

Seward is a nice community that would be worthwhile exploring. By itself, The Alaska SeaLife Center would occupy half a day, I think.

We’re booked on 14 day Alaska cruise and I noticed that quite a few shore excursions in Anchorage are labeled ‘intransit’. The cruise does not start or end at this port so I wonder if a more experienced cruiser can tell me what this means. I found nothing online.

The 14 day round trip out of Seattle? You can take those excursions. If your cruise started or ended in the city (say Anchorage) you couldn’t. Make sense?

Your 14 day HAL cruise docks in Anchorage, not Seward. Anchorage is just another cruise port as far as your itinerary is concerned. No one will embark or disembark as though Anchorage was a point of origin.

The 'intransit' tag is just a convenience to note that booking an excursion there does not mean that they will take you on to the airport as might happen in Seattle or Vancouver.

You will return to the ship.