Cruise Planner Balance Due Email from Celebrity (or the case of the missing OBC)

CYNSport

Several months ago I used my OBC to purchase excursions on an upcoming cruise. Just received an email from Celebrity saying I owe them the amount of the OBC as a balance due on my Cruise Planner Account. ;p

I will call then tomorrow, but I assume today’s IT maintenance update has caused this to happen. Anyone else have this happen?

Have you made any changes to your reservation that would have resulted in the loss of some, or all, of the onboard credit such as switching to a Senior or Resident discount rate? If so that would explain it, otherwise you will need to call them to get it sorted. Hopefully you have the original emails from when you booked the excursions showing paid in full with the onboard credit as backup proof!

Is using the Celebrity OBC something new to pay in advance for excursions, Speciality Restaurants....? Haven’t cruised for awhile so just asking.

Edited by Oville

Have you made any changes to your reservation that would have resulted in the loss of some, or all, of the onboard credit such as switching to a Senior or Resident discount rate? If so that would explain it, otherwise you will need to call them to get it sorted. Hopefully you have the original emails from when you booked the excursions showing paid in full with the onboard credit as backup proof!

Nope. Only thing I’ve done is make final payment :) I do have all the documentation, so I should be able to straighten it out tomorrow.

Is using our Celebrity OBC something new to pay in advance for excursions, Speciality Restaurants.... something new? Haven’t cruised for a while so just asking.

Relatively new, probably for the last six months or more it’s been available. My first time using it. It now shows up on your cruise planner.

Is using the Celebrity OBC something new to pay in advance for excursions, Speciality Restaurants....? Haven’t cruised for awhile so just asking.

Its maybe a little over a year old, you can only use Celebrity OBC for purchases prior to the cruise. Can't use TA OBC until on board. When you go on line you should have a pop up tell you how much you can use.

Called this morning and resolved it. Seems the OBC we received for booking on board mysteriously got dropped during the Sunday update, but the helpful Celebrity rep was able to restore it.

That happened to me as well! After 30 minutes of making me feel like I was lying over the phone they finally spoke to the right "manager", admitted their error, and fixed the problem. Very disappointing to deal with an issue like that in the way they did but it got resolved in the end.

Smells fishy, though.

That happened to me as well! After 30 minutes of making me feel like I was lying over the phone they finally spoke to the right "manager", admitted their error, and fixed the problem. Very disappointing to deal with an issue like that in the way they did but it got resolved in the end.

Smells fishy, though.

It’s like a lottery when you call in to get problems resolved. I was fortunate that the rep could see on my record what happened. I thought if this happened to me, it might have also happened to others, hence this post. :)

I received the same email saying I had a balance due even through I knew I had a credit balance left after upgrading my beverage package. I called Celebrity and they understand they had a problem due to a software upgrade. They said sorry and that they can not put back the credit I had but can reset my OBC back to the original amount. That was really nice of them. Now I got my beverage package upgrade for free and have all my OBC to use on the ship.

Thank you Celebrity!