Do you have any insight about Deluxe Balcony cabins on the Royal Princess Baja Deck?

Boiler Cruiser

I have a Deluxe Balcony cabin on the Royal Princess for an upcoming cruise.

I was wondering if anyone with experience with DB cabins on the Baja Deck can share their overall impressions & insights/ observations?

We love the Deluxe balcony cabins on Royal class ships - great new addition to the cabin categories.

They have slightly less storage than the standard balcony cabins - you lose some drawers and small shelves around the mini fridge area, but makes little difference (at least to us). And the larger cabin and small sitting area more than outweighs it, again - to us..

Small balconies on Baja deck, just like all decks. We prefer the Deluxe Balcony cabins on Emerald simply for the ease of access to the Atrium areas, etc and for some of the cabins having larger or much larger balconies but the room itself is the same regardless of which deck. Or we like the very forward facing ones or aft facing ones - again, larger balconies, although done are classified as obstructed (doesn't bother us, saves some $$$ too)

Baja is nice and quiet, rooms above and below, so that's great...

Do you have specific questions?

PS: no need for a duplicate post, BTW :

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641840

ReedPrincess,

Thanks. One quick question, though. I have heard that the bath/ shower in the Deluxe Balcony is better than the Balcony cabins. True?

As far as I can tell, it's exactly the same. Shower with small step/shelf, toilet, sink, shelves on side of sink area.

It's not like a mini-suite sith bathtub)shower combo, etc .

I am guessing you are talking about the B4 balconies on the fantail of the ship. The two biggest differences are the B4’s have a small sofa and a considerably larger balcony. Balcony on the side of the ship are so narrow that when you spread out you have to turn your chair sideways. B and D deck B4’s are mostly covered, so there will be little if any soot. Grab one if you can!

ReedPrincess,

Thanks. One quick question, though. I have heard that the bath/ shower in the Deluxe Balcony is better than the Balcony cabins. True?

Perhaps I should have clarified my question's context. I last had a Balony cabin on the Grand Princess. Can anyone compare the shower on the Grand Princess Balcony Cabin with the shower on the Royal Princess Deluxe Balcony cabin?

ReedPrincess,

no, the shower was the same. My parents were in a regular balcony room, and we were in a deluxe.

I liked the single sofa bed much better then regular beds on Regal. it's a little softer.