caye caulker/Miracle

belle19

seems like things to do are few if you have done tubing and all before. looking at coral breeze tour to caye caulker, anyone else used this? would it be better to book there? I see conflicting info on beach, some say no beach and I found info that said there is a beach. good food suggestions? hopefully no shortage of bars there too. Never stayed on ship at port before and don't want to start

Haven't been there in several years but a couple of links for you.

http://www.gocayecaulker.com/

http://www.cayecaulker.org/island/

I did hear that last falls storms wiped of some of the beaches up by the split and did damage to the Lazy Lizard there. But also hearing the Lazy Lizard is back.

For restaurant recs, Coral breeze used to take everyone to Maggies. It's pretty decent. I happen to like Kareem's, a tent/canopy place right on the beach off Front Street better, cash only takes US$.

We were there in January, and did it on our own. We took the water taxi there, and a short airplane ride back. We had plenty of time and it was a great day. Lazy lizard was up and running when we went. There is beach areas, we didn’t sit on the beach so I don’t remember much about it. We walked along it and it was very pretty. We walked around the island, stopped and ate and drank at a few places. Would definitely recommend going there.

We were there in January, and did it on our own. We took the water taxi there, and a short airplane ride back. We had plenty of time and it was a great day. Lazy lizard was up and running when we went. There is beach areas, we didn’t sit on the beach so I don’t remember much about it. We walked along it and it was very pretty. We walked around the island, stopped and ate and drank at a few places. Would definitely recommend going there.

Hi there, Where can you find information about the flight in and out of Caye Caulker?:cool:

seems like things to do are few if you have done tubing and all before. looking at coral breeze tour to caye caulker, anyone else used this? would it be better to book there? I see conflicting info on beach, some say no beach and I found info that said there is a beach. good food suggestions? hopefully no shortage of bars there too. Never stayed on ship at port before and don't want to start

The beach consist of several truckloads of sand brought in.

Horseback riding River kayaking ocean kayaking Flats fishing deep-sea fishing freshwater fishing birding chocolate making tours rum making tours beer making tours Herbal Healing tours snorkeling scuba diving museums the zoo are all things you can do

Hi there, Where can you find information about the flight in and out of Caye Caulker?:cool:

There are no flights to caulker now but we are close to the time when the airstrip should be reopened. Maya air or Tropic Air should have current information

Currently the airstrip is closed for repairs.

You can check out Tropic Air or Maya Air for more info.

We

Currently the airstrip is closed for repairs. You can check out Tropic Air or Maya Air for more info.

• 3 weeks later...