Explorer - ALASKA 6/8/18

Can you tell me with what company you booked your private tour in Skagway? We have a party of 16 and this would get everyone’s interests. Thanks!

Beyond Skagway Tours is the company who who booked our tour with. It was a great day. Emily was our driver/tour guide and she was awesome. She was so genuine and friendly.

The sled dog puppies were the best - if you are a dog lover you will love the puppies. I am a huge dog person.

Gold panning at the sled dog facility was blah. Seemed a little cheesy and like a cheap add on type activity.

The true star of the entire trip is the landscape. The landscape is truly amazing. I don’t have words for how beautiful the terrain is and seemingly completely untouched. The pictures can only explain.

We stopped in Carcross and ate at The Bistro. Food was great - Bison Burger and the fish & chips with sweet potato fries. I also had the alaskan brewing IPA that was really good. Right outside Carcross we stopped at the smallest desert. It was a quick stop and worth it for a quick photo at minimum or more if you have the time to explore.

Apparently we are the luckiest tour group ever because we saw a black bear, cinnamon bear, a whole herd of mountain goats, 3 moose (2 calves), and a bald eagle during our tour. It was really amazing to see.

You will need passports since the tour takes you over the border in Canada - we were checked both ways. It was about 6 hours in total for the tour. The last part was the train ride from Fraser back to Skagway. The train is the one part of the tour that I probably would skip next time just because it was an hour and 45 min ride back and it was the last leg of an already long day. I probably would have a different opinion if we started with the train vs ending with the train ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! Thanks so much for all of your posts! We will be on the Explorer next month. Three questions- do you have a picture or list of wines by the glass in the MDR? We are debating the beverage package and are curious what is offered. What tour company did you use in Skagway? Is VOOM still working well?

Have a great rest of your trip!

[emoji1303] VOOM still good [emoji1303]

We're doin the same cruise, leaving on the 22nd I would like to thank you for doin a great review and pictures are phenomenal. In Skagway we rented a car to drive to emerald lake.

I am interested in the dog training camp. I only see tours going there Do you know if it is open to general public?

Handed in my port valet luggage form this morning. It said for flights with 2 pm departure or later and our AA fight is 1:36. Interested to see if they allow it. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Our flight on the same cruise is around the same time so please let us know if they allowed you to use it.

We're doin the same cruise, leaving on the 22nd I would like to thank you for doin a great review and pictures are phenomenal. In Skagway we rented a car to drive to emerald lake.

I am interested in the dog training camp. I only see tours going there Do you know if it is open to general public?

The dog camp is open to the general public. I have the business card from the office That I could post.

I had a car reserved at the Avis to do the drive to Emerald Lake with Murphys Guide on my own originally but we ended up finding the tour instead that could accommodate everything the group wanted and keep us all together.