Explorer - ALASKA 6/8/18

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us. We’re in the exact room for our cruise in August! We are so excited to go see Alaska for the first time. Enjoy your vacation and take good care of “our” room! I’m really enjoying your review.

I don’t notice the seas being any rougher. Day 2 was a the roughest when we got out into open water. Bingo in the star lounge was all the way forward and the room was roasting hot- that was easily the worst I felt all trip but it had apt to do with the combination of room temp along with the motion. Later on that day I was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fantastic pictures......I hope you went to see the headliner act Travis LeDoyt, the young Elvis entertainer, he is amazing, my friend is married to his manager and is on this cruise also, there have been some beautiful pictures, Never done Alaska but I'm thinking about it now

Our whole group had lunch in Chops yesterday. It was great and is definitely a step up from MDR. I had the burger- i wish remembered to take a pic but apparently was to eager to get after it. It was a double decker with cheese bacon and tomato. [emoji1305][emoji1305]

Shrimp in the shrimp cocktail were at least twice the size of MDR shrimp.

Many of the others ordered the Filet Mignon - most were cooked

to the correct temp. but a few were not.

Overall MDR food had been a little underwhelming. Not bad, but just seems to lack something. Service is great.

Considering Giovanni’s for dinner tonight... To be continued...

Of course soon after i commented that seas were pretty normal we hit the open water again. It got pretty rough around 6pm yesterday. There were bags with motion sickness bags attached to the railings of the stairwells which I told recall ever seeing before nor did I think it was thaaatt bad out. I definitely feel the motion of the ocean as Captain Mal would say but it hasn’t been enough to hold me back in any way.

Glad to hear it hasn't been rough enough to hold you back. I was very concerned on my first cruise, western Caribbean on Oasis, and they had the bags in the stairwells pretty much every day. It was so bad one day we couldn't dock and at other times rocked so much you couldn't safely walk the outside track. Thankfully I was well medicated and didn't have any issues. I plan to be similarly medicated for our Alaska voyage, but am hoping only the days in the gulf are problematic.