Explorer - ALASKA 6/8/18

Helicopter tour was fantastic.

Highly recommend. We landed on the Herbert Glacier. It was approx min ride in the helicopter then we had approx 30 min to explore the glacier and then about 15 min back to the airport. It was about 15-20 min bus ride from the pier to the airport. The tour was the ice field excursion through coastal helicopters which we booked online ahead of time on their website. Everything went smoothly. The weather appeared like it wouldn’t cooperate but we were able to fly.

The mendenhall glacier is below from a distance. We flew past it on the way to Herbert Glacier.

. 06ab68539723e540cab1aa9c032ba962.jpg6fbc8e0ac384586f92014fdf3d392451.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have noticed...

The Solarium pool is normally for adults only. Is that still the case or are they allowing children in that pool since it’s heated?

Also an Explorer cruiser from two weeks ago said the Solarium Bar was rarely open if at all. I find that hard to believe.

If you have noticed...

The Solarium pool is normally for adults only. Is that still the case or are they allowing children in that pool since it’s heated?

Also an Explorer cruiser from two weeks ago said the Solarium Bar was rarely open if at all. I find that hard to believe.

I've never known the Solarium pool on Explorer to be heated. Other than hot tubs, I don't think any pools on Voyager class are heated.

Just the hot tubs are heated. I haven’t spent any significant time there yet but have passed through a few times. I haven’t seen anyone in the solarium pool

so far - just the hot tubs. No kids. The bar has been open every time I’ve passed by so far.

I've never known the Solarium pool on Explorer to be heated. Other than hot tubs, I don't think any pools on Voyager class are heated.

I thought the same thing. Maybe the reviewer from last month was just “assuming”.

Thanks for the review. I’m enjoying it as we will be on Explorer in September for same itinerary. I wasn’t thinking about the ‘midnight sun’ until you posted the sunrise and sunset times, but it makes sense as you are travelling so far north. I live about 45 degrees north so we certainly experience long summer twilight, but not to the extent you’re getting. It must be lovely. I did check the daylight hours in Sept and we’ll get about 13 hours, so not too bad. I hope to get lots of sunset picture from our aft balcony, and maybe sunrise as well, as we’ll be adjusting from Atlantic time zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 4 in Skagway we have a group tour scheduled with 11 of our group. We will have a private van/bus out to emerald lake and stop a couple places on the way - gold panning, visit dog sled camp & play with puppies (some of our group is actually dog sledding but not me) and we will take the train on the way back.

Hi! Thanks so much for all of your posts! We will be on the Explorer next month. Three questions- do you have a picture or list of wines by the glass in the MDR? We are debating the beverage package and are curious what is offered. What tour company did you use in Skagway? Is VOOM still working well?

Have a great rest of your trip!