beverage packages - new Oceania cruiser

salvat55

Once board can you purchase a basic or premium beverage package at any point during the cruise for the balance of the cruise ?

Also can one person only purchase the beverage package if the other is a non drinker ?

Thanks

SAL

Once board can you purchase a basic or premium beverage package at any point during the cruise for the balance of the cruise ?

Bit of a (slow) moving target. When these first came out had to purchase by by day two, then that extended little further out. I don't know if there is policy )and possibly related to length of that cruise (and a 14 day might be 2x7 day ) or up to the GM (or whoever) to decide depending on sales how long they will offer it. There are announcements in the daily Currents.

I don't know what it is today and more importantly what it will be on your cruise. If you don't want to buy on day one, I suggest you ask at Reception so you don't miss out. It will not be available to buy most of the length of the cruise.

Also can one person only purchase the beverage package if the other is a non drinker ?

Yes, there is no obligation for both in a cabin to purchase if one does. Buy one, buy two as you choose.

Our experience has been different. Every day on Currents we were told that we could buy the package. Now, it's possible this has changed -- in November 2017 this was the case. I frankly didn't look that closely at currents on our May cruise to see if this was still the case. I assume it was but I could be wrong.

And yes, you don't both have to take the package. Just don't try to share drinks in public spaces!

I'm not a fan of the package myself -- my husband is a very light drinker so I tend to drink in the room OR we bring wine to dinner. We don't go to the bars, we don't have a drink at lunch, etc., so the package really isn't valuable for us. For people who might have wine with lunch, a drink around the pool, a cocktail before dinner and then wine at dinner, maybe even an after dinner drink, then it definitely would be worth it.

Consider also how long your cruise is ... for longer cruises most people seem to think that drinking THAT much could be debilitating ... But for shorter cruises, well worth it.

Some people have said they don't like to show their card whenever they order a drink and in the past the package avoided that. However, on our May 2018 cruise on Riviera people with the package did have to show their card at dinner. I believe that if you regularly show up at a bar and the bartender knows you,no, you won't have to.

Mura

The only time you both have to have the package is when you choose the beverage package as your O Life perk

Otherwise if only one of you want the beverage package you are fine