Miami port

CatStevensfan

I like to stay at the Intercontinental on Chopin, or the Holiday Inn across the street is a cheaper alternative. Bayside Marketplace is right next door and it's a great place to spend some time pre-cruise. You'll find shopping and restaurants there and can dine waterfront if you like. This area is close to the cruise port. Since the port area is not too far from the airport, a taxi is okay for transfers.

Agreed with Dawn about Bayside. Bayside has a lot of boat tour options, we did the Millionaires Row tour in December it was $28 a person for an hour and a half tour and we enjoyed it. Boyfriend and I are actually in Miami right now we board the Glory today & we flew in yesterday. We hung out at Bayside during the day then went to South Beach at night. There’s a great outdoor mall area in Miami Beach called Lincoln Mall that’s fun to walk around

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Get away from the beaches and hustle and bustle of Bayside Marketplace and:

Visit Viscaya Museum and Gardens, a mansion built on Biscayne Bay by the late James Deering in the early 1900's, vizcaya dot org

Rent a car and drive to Key Largo for a great seafood lunch at the funky Fish House restaurant, then take a drive south and enjoy some of the most beautiful and breathtaking scenery in the U.S.

Dates and budget and who is travelling would help to narrow the suggestions down to closer to your target.

Lots of hotels in downtown in the Mary Brickell area with lots of dining and nightlife options.

A few hotels include some rooms with a view of the port - besides Intercontinental (suggested above) check out the Doubletree and next door Marriott.

Hop-on/off bus tours are one way to get an overview of Miami and Miami Beach.

Bayside and South Beach is kind of a no-brainer if first time here. I LOVE doing day trips to the middle and upper keys though, that's a great suggestion, too.

You can also do a hop on, hop off bus for a good tour of the area. Wynwood is also a cool spot to check out.