June 2 Equinox western itin

maggieq

just home from the 6/2 cruise. As you will see, we usually cruise with RCCL but have gone on a couple of celebrity ships.

I will start with the pro’s

The perks we received for this cruised actually swayed us from a week on the Harmony

Main dining - we are not foodies but both agreed all dining food was terrific

Cabin attendant

Martini bar and bar tenders - thanks premium drink package

Key West - never been and a great stop

Cons

The people in the cabins either side of us and possibly above. One sounded like a jungle gym was in session and one just very loud. We have a few cruises under our belts and both agreed this was not cool.

Last evening our entire row of cabins were locking people returning to their cabins. I didn’t plan on going to guest relations at 11:30pm.

Entertainment - so maybe we have been spoiled with RCCL entertainment.

We did not get off the ship for the other stops

We had calm seas and very good weather.

I have friends that are going on this ship next month. How many formal nights are there on this itinerary and which night/nights were they on?

Thank you!

Celebrity no longer has formal evenings. Now Celebrity calls them evening chic. If you cruise on over to Celebrity's website it will give the definition for all the suggested dress guidelines for the MDR in the evening. A lot of options. We did a B2B cruise on the Equinox March/April of this year. One of our intiineries was the Western Caribbean. We had two chic evenings. The second night and the fifth night of the cruise. The second leg of our cruise was the Eastern Caribbean and the two chic evenings were the second night and the sixth night. I recommend your friends check the Celebrity Today for exact dates. Every sailing is subject to change.

Edited by davekathy

just home from the 6/2 cruise. As you will see, we usually cruise with RCCL but have gone on a couple of celebrity ships.

I will start with the pro’s

The perks we received for this cruised actually swayed us from a week on the Harmony

Main dining - we are not foodies but both agreed all dining food was terrific

Cabin attendant

Martini bar and bar tenders - thanks premium drink package

Key West - never been and a great stop

Cons

The people in the cabins either side of us and possibly above. One sounded like a jungle gym was in session and one just very loud. We have a few cruises under our belts and both agreed this was not cool.

Last evening our entire row of cabins were locking people returning to their cabins. I didn’t plan on going to guest relations at 11:30pm.

Entertainment - so maybe we have been spoiled with RCCL entertainment.

We did not get off the ship for the other stops

We had calm seas and very good weather.

Thanks for posting. Bummer about the noise. I would have called GS and complained. We always get off the ship no matter how many times we've been to a port. We always find something new or something has changed. But to each their own. Agree about Key West being a great port.

Edited by davekathy

Thanks for posting. Bummer about the noise. I would have called GS and complained. We always get off the ship no matter how many times we've been to a port. We always find something new or something has changed. But to each their own. Agree about Key West being a great port.

Whats good to do at Key West...going on Saturday :D:D:D

Last evening our entire row of cabins were locking people returning to their cabins. I didn’t plan on going to guest relations at 11:30pm..

Sorry, I have read this a couple of times and don’t understand?

I empathize on the noisy neighbors, it gets old really quickly.

For us just wandering around Key West and ending up at the Hogs Breath Saloon for a cold one or two and a T-shirt.:beer-mug::wine-glass: Bon Voyage.

Thanks, sounds like my type of Sunday :halo:

Thanks, sounds like my type of Sunday :halo:

You're welcome. A very short walk from the ship to the many, many different shops, bars and restaurants in the downtown area. The whole area is cool and laid back. Enjoy. Bon Voyage.