Premium wines

RachelG

Quick question: we embark on a family trip on Regatta Tuesday. I have already pre-purchased the prestige drinks package for us, mainly because my husband hates having to sign for every drink, and it is just less of a headache. I know that if you purchase the prestige package, there is a discount for La Reserve, which doesn’t apply to us since there is no La Reaerve on Regatta. What I want to know is, if we decide to purchase a special bottle of wine from the premium list one evening, is there a discount? I have tried researching but can find nothing on this.

Quick question: we embark on a family trip on Regatta Tuesday. I have already pre-purchased the prestige drinks package for us, mainly because my husband hates having to sign for every drink, and it is just less of a headache. I know that if you purchase the prestige package, there is a discount for La Reserve, which doesn’t apply to us since there is no La Reaerve on Regatta. What I want to know is, if we decide to purchase a special bottle of wine from the premium list one evening, is there a discount? I have tried researching but can find nothing on this.

No discount.

Better strategy is to buy really good wine at embarkation port and along the way at appropriate ports. A $75 retail wine plus$25 corkage is a far better deal than paying $200 onboard for a $50 retail bottle.

I believe the above information is incorrect. If one has the Premium Drinks Package I believe they get a 10 or 15% discount on any bottle bought off the wine list in the venues.

Maybe you are thinking or the discount on La Reserve

" Guests purchasing either beverage package will receive a 20% discount on any of our exclusive wine-pairing dinners in La Reserve on board Marina and Riviera."

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value/beverage-wine-packages/

There is also a bin end list that had some decent deals.

Where do you get this list from? & do you need the beverage package to buy from it?

They used to set up a table during the cruise where you could buy bottles but have not seen that lately

It's in the wine list, last page at least it was last week on Sirena. Had some ok deals, we had a nice barolo, they do add 18% and you don't get the 15% prestige discount. The sommeliers were very helpful, and also were kind enough to decant the few nice bottles we brought with us.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

It's in the wine list, last page at least it was last week on Sirena. Had some ok deals, we had a nice barolo, they do add 18% and you don't get the 15% prestige discount. The sommeliers were very helpful, and also were kind enough to decant the few nice bottles we brought with us.

Thanks will look for them on our cruise

we are not connoisseurs so we may find something we like

There is a 15% discount on all wines if you have the prestige package. There is also a bin end list that had some decent deals. That being said the list is impressive and bring some fine wines and paying the $25 corkage is a great way to go.

I stand corrected on the 15% bottle discount for holders of the Prestige Package (I just checked with the wine waiters on Insignia). But, even with a 15% discount, it is far more economical to bring your own retail estate bottles of whatever and pay the $25 corkage at dining venues.

If you've got them (from bottle purchases at wineries), these collapsible carriers are easily packed in checked luggage and then handy for wine shopping in port.

7f11ce16d3c727bcdd1fab5b1bc7cac0.jpg

Here is the current 7 bottle bundle deal on Insignia. Nothing on this list interests me in the slightest (occasional lists in the past have occasionally had at least one or two passable items - once they had the Shramsberg Mirabelle sparkler. But, of course it all disappeared within a couple of days of its appearance on the list.).

d604f4ac85650e50ad66f5064611ff76.jpg

True enough, but the majority of the people reading this won't care what wine they drink, so long as it is served in the proper stemware and burns going down-

You must admit that Oceania does a superb job, there.

riedel-veritas-tasting-set-544900047-07.png

In Riedel Veritas ;p

True enough, but the majority of the people reading this won't care what wine they drink, so long as it is served in the proper stemware and burns going down-

You must admit that Oceania does a superb job, there.

riedel-veritas-tasting-set-544900047-07.png

In Riedel Veritas ;p

Or schott zwiesel