I wanna be first !

BoDidly

2 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

That may not necessarily be the case unless they were part of the me to mentality. I was taught better to respect others. That lady on our cruise was hell bent on getting on. 

She was already at the front of the elevator doors to get on. So she was able to get on.

She damn near hit a person trying to get off instead of being patient for people to move out of the way.

I was there, you weren’t.

And I was on my cruise and you weren't.  Until you have cruised with a handicapped person, you have no idea of what they go through.  Read some of the other comments.  They all have said the same thing.  People will not get out of the way for handicapped people.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

And I was on my cruise and you weren't.  Until you have cruised with a handicapped person, you have no idea of what they go through.  Read some of the other comments.  They all have said the same thing.  People will not get out of the way for handicapped people.  

We didn’t cruise with my MIL however we took her places in her wheelchair often. So yes I do know a little about handicapped people.

My encounter with the lady on the cruise happened more than once. It was her attitude towards people around her that was alarming.

With that being said I do hold doors for handicapped, women and the elderly. It’s the right thing to do.

Unfortunately the me to, me first people don’t!

5 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

We didn’t cruise with my MIL however we took her places in her wheelchair often. So yes I do know a little about handicapped people.

My encounter with the lady on the cruise happened more than once. It was her attitude towards people around her that was alarming.

With that being said I do hold doors for handicapped, women and the elderly. It’s the right thing to do.

Unfortunately the me to, me first people don’t!

You will find the same thing with non handicapped people.  Some people are just plain rude.

On 6/10/2018 at 10:25 AM, MBP1 said:

It's like defensive driving but at a buffet,

some people are used to having to fight their way to the food at Golden Corral

so those instincts kick in when on the ship as well.

I'm amazed that people will line up to eat at the buffet!

God created MDRs for a reason!

I paid money to be on vacation, not to stand in line is their mentality.

There are rude, impatient, and inconsiderate people everywhere. At some point, people decided that being the better person didn't matter anymore. I just think that when you mix that many people anywhere you're bound to find some inconsiderate jerks. I like to think/hope that overall society is still better than that. 

Full disclosure- I do try to get in front of the minivan at the drive-thru

• Haha 1

I think some of the rudest " I Wanna be first " crowd has got to be debarkation morning .  Doesn't matter who the CD is ,it just becomes cattle stampede . It may have looked  to be controlled by letting their Diamond / Platinum and FTTF members off the ship first, but even that can become chaotic at any given moment . Elevators full of people ,pushing shoving . Doesn't anyone follow rules these days ? I don't think they do when it comes to ships.  They just flock down and block others from dong their jobs the proper way. 

Edited by BoDidly
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 7:50 PM, repo-cruiser said:

I can't tell you how many times when going back to room with my mother in law, there will be a group of adults or teens 4 wide in the hallway walking very slowly. They see my MIL in scooter and me wanting to pass yet they walk as slow as a slug 4 wide. Thats when I tell MIL time for some scooter Bowling. If your dumb enough to walk 4 wide and block people instead of single file get ready to get the scooter right up your***

Scooter bowling!  That is HILARIOUS!