Non Refundable Deposits/Future Cruise Deposit

cclvr

If a cruise is booked with a future cruise deposit (refundable deposit at the time of booking) and later the price drops but the deposit is non-refundable, if I refare is my deposit now non-refundable

If it is non-refundable and I cancel with cancel for any reason insurance - do I get the deposit back?

Thank you for your help.

If a cruise is booked with a future cruise deposit (refundable deposit at the time of booking) and later the price drops but the deposit is non-refundable, if I refare is my deposit now non-refundable

If it is non-refundable and I cancel with cancel for any reason insurance - do I get the deposit back?

Thank you for your help.

If FCD's are used for a promo that has a non-refundable deposit then if you cancel before the final payment deadline then you lose the deposit, $100. However, if a better promo comes up a T.A. may be able to 'save' the deposit for use on the new promo. It happened to us.

I can't answer your insurance question.

Interesting that you were able to move a non-refundable deposit to another cruise. Was the new cruise also non-refundable or did it revert to a refundable deposit? One time I have taken advantage of a sale but the FCD/deposit became non-refundable. I went on that cruise as no other sales came up to make it less expensive so there was no attempt to change.

• 1 month later...

I have read, but have no personal experience with people being able to move a "non-refundable" deposit. I guess the logic was that it was not refunded, it was moved to a different cruise.

Yes, if you have to make a claim on "cancel for any reason" insurance, you should get back everything you've lost except the insurance premium.

and their answer was.... ????????

I never called them. Still watching the cruise I have booked to see if a better offer comes up before final payment (without a non-refundable deposit)

I never called them. Still watching the cruise I have booked to see if a better offer comes up before final payment (without a non-refundable deposit)

This is exactly what I did with our British Isles cruise, right before final I converted the booking to the promo with lower fare and non refundable deposit. Figured beyond that if I had to cancel it would be covered by trip insurance .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well today a new promo started on our cruise...substantially lower fare than what we booked at. Called my Princess Vacation Planner. Even though the terms and conditions did not state it was a non-refundable deposit...my planner said it was because it is so close to final payment. She said that after final payment it doesn't matter because it is covered under the vacation protection (which we always get)...so unless I plan on cancelling within next few weeks, no problem per Princess on the non-refundable deposit

This is exactly what I did with our British Isles cruise, right before final I converted the booking to the promo with lower fare and non refundable deposit. Figured beyond that if I had to cancel it would be covered by trip insurance .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly what my vacation planner said...thank you