Explore 4

sandrick

Yes, I believe it can. OBC has just been an offset of our final bill regardless of what else has been charged.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly right.. The OBC is just what it says it is, a credit to your onboard account, offsetting any other charges (including HSC) up to the amount of the credit.

My elderly mom and I got explore 4 as a special on a cruise a few years ago, cruise price was the same with or without it. She doesn't drink, so I wasn't sure it would be a great deal for us, but it turned out we really enjoyed it. She could get soda from the bar, water bottles from the bar to take in port, and she got very fond of the specialty coffees both at the coffee bar in the morning and after dinner as well. She also had pages of non alcoholic drinks to chose from, and loved the "sunshine lemonade".

I loved being able to order and try different drinks and not worry if I didn't like them. Found 2 or 3 cocktails I enjoyed just trying things. I wasn't thrilled with the sparkling champagne brand available, but the wine options were fine to me.

We have passed it up when the cost was too much, but my husband and I are booked for a cruise this fall and it was $120pp more, really worth it for us! a few glasses of wine with dinner, a drink before and after dinner and coffees will more than make up for the cost.

we had X4 on several cruises and never had a problem ordering doubles or triples. Once the Ocean bar wouldn't do it but when I told them that the other bars did it, they did it as well. We had it on 4 cruises and look forward to getting it again. Have 1 booked and thinking of one more in Feb. Felt the upcharge was worth it. Being 5 star helps us get Pinnacle as often as we want.