Just Off the Ruby Princess June 16th

Eaglecw

Where did you view Glacier Bay from? We have inside and wondering if there is a bow we can get out to or if there is somewhere else you recommend. How was the naturalist on board? TIA.

Not OP, but we were on the Ruby last week.

For Glacier Bay, We moved around a bit. I started on 16, but it was crowded. It was windy, so I didn't try going up to 17 or 18.

I headed down to 7 towards the aft and it was a good view and very quiet. Only 2 or 3 other people and the only sounds were the waves, the gulls and any calving. Eventually, I worked my way forward on 7 and it got more crowded and there was some machine noise, but not too bad.

If you walk all the way forward on 7, there are steps that take you to 8 and to the bow. It was far too windy to try that.

We didn't have a balcony, but my parents did and they spent some time there and enjoyed it.

The park rangers were good and seemed to love their jobs.

How does the ship cope in Alaska with not having covered pools? I remember star did have covered pools but ruby didn't in the caribbean?

Ruby's pools were not covered. There were still people swimming. Even on the cold and windy days. Not me, though. ;p

Where did you view Glacier Bay from? We have inside and wondering if there is a bow we can get out to or if there is somewhere else you recommend. How was the naturalist on board? TIA.

We were on Ruby in June

Michael, the naturalist from Alaska, is outstanding. He does commentaries from the start of the cruise and throughout the cruise when the US Rangers aren't onboard on Glacier Bay Day. He also does presentations in Princess Theater; advertised in Princess Patters. Highly recommend attending; he's such a knowledgeable man, passionate about his role and supports WWF, as do we. Has a book for sale and pamphlets at entrance to theater. Advises the key dates, times, etc for the voyage on a handout.

In addition to the other posters suggestions for Glacier Bay day, there is a package for sale at The Sanctuary. We did this and found it was perfect in every way. We stayed there all day. Costs $60. 8am - 5pm, includes reserved lounger, mini buffet breakfast foods, soup, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, juices, fruit, mimosa or blood mary, choice of 2 main course for lunch, afternoon tea, complimentary photo at the glacier, ear muff, blanket. Max 60 people there. The Serenity Stewards wait on you all the time.So glad we did this, worth every dollar in our opinion, for the serenity, vistas, pampering, protection from wind/rain. It will sell out - if interested, book as soon as you board Ruby.

Wish you beautiful voyage, Rose&Mario

Not OP, but we were on the Ruby last week.

For Glacier Bay, We moved around a bit. I started on 16, but it was crowded. It was windy, so I didn't try going up to 17 or 18.

I headed down to 7 towards the aft and it was a good view and very quiet. Only 2 or 3 other people and the only sounds were the waves, the gulls and any calving. Eventually, I worked my way forward on 7 and it got more crowded and there was some machine noise, but not too bad.

If you walk all the way forward on 7, there are steps that take you to 8 and to the bow. It was far too windy to try that.

We didn't have a balcony, but my parents did and they spent some time there and enjoyed it.

The park rangers were good and seemed to love their jobs.

Thanks. Very helpful!

We were on Ruby in June

Michael, the naturalist from Alaska, is outstanding. He does commentaries from the start of the cruise and throughout the cruise when the US Rangers aren't onboard on Glacier Bay Day. He also does presentations in Princess Theater; advertised in Princess Patters. Highly recommend attending; he's such a knowledgeable man, passionate about his role and supports WWF, as do we. Has a book for sale and pamphlets at entrance to theater. Advises the key dates, times, etc for the voyage on a handout.

In addition to the other posters suggestions for Glacier Bay day, there is a package for sale at The Sanctuary. We did this and found it was perfect in every way. We stayed there all day. Costs $60. 8am - 5pm, includes reserved lounger, mini buffet breakfast foods, soup, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, juices, fruit, mimosa or blood mary, choice of 2 main course for lunch, afternoon tea, complimentary photo at the glacier, ear muff, blanket. Max 60 people there. The Serenity Stewards wait on you all the time.So glad we did this, worth every dollar in our opinion, for the serenity, vistas, pampering, protection from wind/rain. It will sell out - if interested, book as soon as you board Ruby.

Wish you beautiful voyage, Rose&Mario

Thanks! Who do you book the Sanctuary with?

Thanks! Who do you book the Sanctuary with?

At The Sanctuary itself, located on Sports Deck 17, forward. Deck map shows you, take lift to Lotus Spa area on Sun Deck 16 exit via Lotus Spa Pool, walk upstairs, or access from any part of Sun Deck 16, walk forward and up.

Don't know if you can phone, but I'd go in person as phones are often busy on boarding!

As soon as you board Ruby, go to The Sanctuary and book, there will be crew members there to take your booking. It will sell out fast.

Hope this helps you plan your magical day in a beautiful part of our world.

Hope you have as beautiful and peaceful and uplifting day as we did. Bon Voyage!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise! And thank you for offering to field Q&As. We’ll be on the Ruby going to Alaska in September.

I’m curious about the Anytime Dining room. What block of time were reservation seatings allowed?

One more question...how quickly did the Princess Theater fill up for the evening show?

Thank,you so much!

Michelangelo is the anytime dining room. Reservations are available in the anytime dining room at 5 PM and 7:30 PM, or you can show up anytime and wait for an open table. We made 7:30 reservations for our group of 8 on both formal nights and the Glacier Bay night.