Getting to Port Canaveral From Orlando Hotel

Salem615

Help!

Last year we went from Universal to Port Canaveral and used a car service. I called for our trip this year and the price went way up. As much as I liked using the service it is really expensive this time around.

I am at a conference for a few days prior and we decided a short cruise after would be a nice treat. What do you recommend as far getting to the port at a decent time?

Someone once mentioned going back to the airport and grabbing the shuttle. Is that a real pain to do and can we get to the transportation area easily enough?

Are there any shuttles that would pick us up at Gaylord palms?

Have you looked into a one-way car rental? :confused: All of the car rental agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach will shuttle you to the port after you drop the car off. From Universal to PC is about an hour drive - easy; bring a couple of dollars in quarters for the tolls.

You could uber/taxi/shuttle to MCO and from there catch a shared shuttle to the port -- Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans are the two most often suggested with one-way fares starting at about $20 per person

I would also look at Uber from your hotel to the port - maybe more $$, but lots less hassle. ;)