Carnival transfer in New York

WeLuv2Cruz13

Doesn't anyone use Carnival transfers in New York?:confused:

Not really. For a 3 or more people Uber and Lyft are much cheaper even from Newark Liberty Airport and will encounter the same traffic. Some car services will even be more affordable for 4-5 passengers, depending on which airport you are arriving to.

Try ride.guru no dotcom. To get pricing for rideshares, taxi, and select private service to compare published rates of the Carnival transfer.

If not already aware of the construction delays surrounding LaGaurdia you may want to look up recent NY area news reports. There have been reports of 90 minutes to 3 hours just to get around the terminal areas.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Did the transfer off the TA in May. I was going to LGA. Only issue was that we sat for a long time before the bus left. Why? Because they load the luggage based on which airline and at some point, they realized that they couldn't get all the luggage for the people flying Southwest into the hold, so they started getting people off the bus and putting them on another going to LGA.

Not a big deal, really. We had docked very early and I had intentionally booked a 3 pm flight because I wasn't going to stress out about getting to the airport after a wonderful cruise. But I wouldn't consider a flight much earlier than that - 1 pm and I'd probably have been getting antsy.

I saw many people dragging their luggage across and down the streets and standing around apparently waiting for pickups. Just wasn't interested in doing that to save a few dollars. Now, I was solo so had no one to share the ride cost. Plus, being off a 14-night cruise (actually took NCL Star eastbound, then spent 3 days in Barcelona), we all had lots of luggage, so that factored into it, too. Heard no complaints from the friends I was with who flew out of other airports. I'd do it again.

Did the transfer off the TA in May. I was going to LGA. Only issue was that we sat for a long time before the bus left. Why? Because they load the luggage based on which airline and at some point, they realized that they couldn't get all the luggage for the people flying Southwest into the hold, so they started getting people off the bus and putting them on another going to LGA.

Not a big deal, really. We had docked very early and I had intentionally booked a 3 pm flight because I wasn't going to stress out about getting to the airport after a wonderful cruise. But I wouldn't consider a flight much earlier than that - 1 pm and I'd probably have been getting antsy.

I saw many people dragging their luggage across and down the streets and standing around apparently waiting for pickups. Just wasn't interested in doing that to save a few dollars. Now, I was solo so had no one to share the ride cost. Plus, being off a 14-night cruise (actually took NCL Star eastbound, then spent 3 days in Barcelona), we all had lots of luggage, so that factored into it, too. Heard no complaints from the friends I was with who flew out of other airports. I'd do it again.

What time were you off the ship? Did you take luggage with you? and lastly what time did you arrive at the airport?

What time were you off the ship? Did you take luggage with you? and lastly what time did you arrive at the airport?

I honestly don't remember. Since my flight was at 3, I knew I wasn't in a big hurry. I'm Platinum but didn't bother with #1 tags. I think I had #4. Met friends for breakfast at 7:30, then sat near the Alchemy bar for a while until my number was called.

I don't do the self-assist unless I have very little luggage. As a solo senior female, I'm just not going to deal with the struggle of a large case and a carry-on.

I'm sure I was checked in and at the gate before lunchtime. I was already hungry. Must say I had The Worst Airport Sandwich Ever. I even had to pay for it! And then they changed our gate and terminal so had to go out on the tarmac to get a shuttle bus! LGA is not my favorite airport.

We used the transfers after the Horizon Memorial Day cruise was over. We had zone 5 luggage tags, and were told to be in the main theater perhaps 7:45AM. About 9 AM we filed off the ship, found our piece of luggage each, went through US Customs, walked to the right out of the terminal and found the LaGuardia shuttle. We were seated on the bus by 9:30AM, and arrived at the airport before 11AM.

We would have done the much quicker Diamond walkoff luggage if we hadn't just moved from NY to Fl. Worked out okay with an afternoon flight back to our new home.