Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to reach someone competent on the phone?!

I haven't been having any problems.

With the website issues, I was expecting some problems, but did not. The only different I noticed was each of the last two times I've called, the waited on the line with me until I received the confirmation email they sent.

Sounds like I'm not completely alone. Surprised there weren't more replies however. I thought it was just bad luck but after many different times now that's not it. Something has changed and not for the better in my opinion.

New senior management.

Since we always use a TA, I have little occasion to call RCI direct. However, yesterday I called C & A to confirm my understanding of D+ BOGO specialty dining. I was impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of the rep I reached and would feel comfortable talking with her about more complex issues.

Margy

I just called about drink packages and they took care of business in about 4 minutes. I guess I had an easy request (taking advantage of 25 percent off drink package with wife only getting Refreshment with 25 percent off as well).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Good for you. I'm sure they did. My SO (not the planner or "payer", etc who is totally hands off) has been getting emails 3 days straight for 30% off (plus bogo) on our upcoming cruise... lol

That said; I'm flabbergasted of late and may do something I never thought I would (or should) have to do..Go with a TA and forget it. Annoys me to no end as I've been THE planner for all of our vacations for 30 years plus.

Mostly booked our 24 Royal cruises direct and had only one problem with a phone rep mistake. It was rectified later through Resolutions. Never had a long wait or a rude rep.

Same here! Not sure of exact count but almost D+ (with very few suites btw).. Not sure what the heck is going on now (for me anyway)..Really odd how my experience with reps on the phone has went drastically down hill but seeing most people are just fine. I may try one or two more calls but that's going to be it. Will go to a TA or another line. That's how bad my experiences have been of late..

Couple of days ago rang the call centre and they tried to overcharge me by a thousand pounds on final payment, argued with me my figures were wrong, when I had her check the invoice again she agreed my figures were correct, no apology, wonder how many people are being overcharged!

It's a mixed bag but I had way more bad calls than good ones. All in all, I probably spent days worth of time getting everything arranged, including on hold, getting transferred, and disconnected and having to call again! Their departments are very segmented and no one talks to each other or works together so that makes it more complicated. I wouldn't necessarily say that adding a T/A helps. I did but then found that RCI didn't want to talk to me anymore and often the answer became "you have to call your T/A" so in my opinion, that made it worse.

I have yet to have an issue with any Royal phone reps. I have never needed anything at all complicated from them (making a booking, modifying a booking, correcting C&A status). I also understand that a customer service rep is not going to all the intimate ins and outs of every ship in the fleet nor the details of every possible Royal policy.

Nothing as such in this thread, however in the past I have seen complaints when a rep did not know the answer to some off the wall question that may come up on one call in a million.

Honestly, I dread having to call them. I have had such bad luck dealing with them. Yes, they are nice over the phone and they "say" they have resolved my issue. However, what happens is generally they cause a much larger issue that I have to speak with a supervisor to fix.

It's a mixed bag but I had way more bad calls than good ones. All in all, I probably spent days worth of time getting everything arranged, including on hold, getting transferred, and disconnected and having to call again! Their departments are very segmented and no one talks to each other or works together so that makes it more complicated. I wouldn't necessarily say that adding a T/A helps. I did but then found that RCI didn't want to talk to me anymore and often the answer became "you have to call your T/A" so in my opinion, that made it worse.

THIS! That's what I've been running into. Finally a few more replies that agree with me and my experiences of late! I was beginning to think maybe it was "just me"! lol

Probably right on the TA, likely end up worse off. I've always done things on my own and didn't/don't want to go that way anyway. Does show my level of frustration though right!?

How much is your time worth. I call my TA with any questions. If she needs to get back to me (which is not often) fine. At least I am not wasting my time on hold.

THIS! That's what I've been running into. Finally a few more replies that agree with me and my experiences of late! I was beginning to think maybe it was "just me"! lol

Probably right on the TA, likely end up worse off. I've always done things on my own and didn't/don't want to go that way anyway. Does show my level of frustration though right!?

A TA can offer you something you don't have with the cruise line, influence. Two years ago I booked a cruise. After final payment the cruise line had a lot of cancellations and offered those cabins at a large discount. My TA (who had booked a lot of clients on the cruise) got us $200 obc. I told my TA thank you, but that was smaller than expected under the circumstances. She agreed. She was able to get the offer doubled to $400. I would not have been able to that on my own.