Aft Balcony on Arcadia

Otter18

We have just booked an aft balcony on Arcadia (A166). Never had an aft cabin before. The cabin is described as slightly larger than the regular port or starboard cabins. We know it is overlooked. Any comments or photos if you have travelled in one of these before. Ship movement and vibration are the main concerns.

Regards, Brian & Carol

I don't remember Arcadia having much vibration. Only thing I wouldn't like is the noise of the wake and the engines whilst underway, but that's just me. I would never go for an aft cabin because of the movement.

We love the aft cabins on Arcadia. We have had an aft cabin on Arcadia on 3 occasions so far. Very quiet location and we didn’t feel any more movement/vibrations etc. than in any other cabin. They are well sheltered and much longer too, however due to this extra length we did find the cabin slightly darker than other balcony cabins. This did not bother us at all though and we found the fabulous view of the wake far outweighed any other possible downside. Hope you love it too!

We have just booked an aft balcony on Arcadia (A166). Never had an aft cabin before. The cabin is described as slightly larger than the regular port or starboard cabins. We know it is overlooked. Any comments or photos if you have travelled in one of these before. Ship movement and vibration are the main concerns.

Regards, Brian & Carol

Hi Brian & Carol,

We always book an aft balcony on Arcadia but usually on B deck which is where we are in October. B169.

We have stayed in A 171 and it is a longer cabin by around 5 - 6 ft in length but no extra storage space it is just an empty space but good for bags etc. The noise of the wake is not intrusive as it is so high up. There is some vibration coming into port but nothing that would put us off booking aft cabins. The only issue with A deck cabins is that the pool deck is above you. There is noise from sun beds moving but as we are early risers it didn’t bother us, there is also noise from the sailaway parties and deck parties but again we were generally at the deck parties and had our own sailaway party on our balcony to their music. The balconies are great party balconies. I can probably find you a photo if you want to see one.

Sue

I don't remember Arcadia having much vibration. Only thing I wouldn't like is the noise of the wake and the engines whilst underway, but that's just me. I would never go for an aft cabin because of the movement.

You don’t get engine noise at the aft Jean, as the engines aren’t there! The funnels give you a clue as to where they are. Engine noise is unlikely to affect any cabins as there are quite a few crew decks between the engines and the lowest passenger cabins, but those most susceptible to vibration or noise from engine related activity would be the midship inside cabins on the lowest decks.

Hi Brian & Carol,

We always book an aft balcony on Arcadia but usually on B deck which is where we are in October. B169.

We have stayed in A 171 and it is a longer cabin by around 5 - 6 ft in length but no extra storage space it is just an empty space but good for bags etc. The noise of the wake is not intrusive as it is so high up. There is some vibration coming into port but nothing that would put us off booking aft cabins. The only issue with A deck cabins is that the pool deck is above you. There is noise from sun beds moving but as we are early risers it didn’t bother us, there is also noise from the sailaway parties and deck parties but again we were generally at the deck parties and had our own sailaway party on our balcony to their music. The balconies are great party balconies. I can probably find you a photo if you want to see one.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thanks for that. Good to hear that it is a good party cabin. We are not overly worried about the noise from above us. We have had A deck cabins before, so we are used to the deck furniture being moved around. Extra space is always a bonus. If you have a photo handy, that would be great thanks.

Regards, Brian & Carol

Thanks everyone for the responses. Looking forward to sitting on the balcony overlooking the wake, and not watching the sea passing us 'sideways'.

Absolutely the best position on a ship.

Hi Brian, just tried to upload photo but it was too big. No idea how to resize.

I can e mail it or message it to you if you are on face cloth or messenger.

You sure you want to give your private email on a public site Sue?