Anyone on Zaandam Who Can Report How It's Going?

Overtime4me2

I always thought it had to be a certain percentage of people sick in order to report it My husband and I were on the Queen Mary 2 for 120 days After Dubai we had the virus but it was not reported The only major problem other than those that got sick was Jordan would not let us dock so we missed Petra in Aquaba Sad since so many people booked it for that excursion

Off topic, but we'll be on the Zaandam in August and I'd like to know if they added bedside electric/usb outlets in the....cheap rooms? We booked an inside and I like to sleep with a small fan near my face. The battery operated one I have never goes more than 4 hours, but it has a USB cord that I can plug use.

Thanks!

I had a window room on deck 2. The only outlet in the entire cabin was a single one on the desk. I would really have appreciated one near the bed so I could charge my phone and also use it for a clock/alarm! It did not appear to me that this room/deck had received any of the updates that higher rooms received. My parents were in a verandah on deck 6 and they had updated carpet, furnishings, and bathrooms (outlet in bathroom and desk). Mine room was very, very dated!

this thread is not about how to disinfect your cabin, but information from people who are on board currently....those of us sailing on monday would like to hear from current passengers on the ship situation...not a lecture on sanitation...thx! :D

So agree with you, stick to the topic. I don’t need a lecture. I was on this sailing and thankfully did not get sick. The CD and his assistant did get sick. We had a fill in for Trivia one night and he explained the situation. They take the warnings very seriously about reporting in. The CD after returning to his duties told us that a crew member would be terminated for not reporting within an hour of getting sick.

One thing that happened is we got a letter, I think it was day 4. We were asked to clear all our shelves in the cabin so they could come in and disinfect. We just cleared a shelve in the closet area and complied.

Can’t say enough about the extra hard work the crew has to do when the situation arises. Great job by all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off Zaandam- amazing trip! The crew was amazing and worked above and beyond to keep us all from getting ill

(In addition to the above crew that got sick, a few dancers were as well...)

I read somewhere that there were some issues with Noro in Seattle prior to the trip.... you NEVER know when you are going to be exposed..... it can happen anywhere and the only reason we don’t hear about it except for on cruise ships is that they are required to report illness.... you don’t see that requirement in many other places.

I had a window room on deck 2. The only outlet in the entire cabin was a single one on the desk. I would really have appreciated one near the bed so I could charge my phone and also use it for a clock/alarm! It did not appear to me that this room/deck had received any of the updates that higher rooms received. My parents were in a verandah on deck 6 and they had updated carpet, furnishings, and bathrooms (outlet in bathroom and desk). Mine room was very, very dated!

Thanks so much for the info.

I was on Zaandam 18 June to 2 July and sadly was one of the unfortunate few who did contract noro virus. I have no idea how this happened as I was pushing the elevator buttons with my elbow and using sanitizer stations at every opportunity along with only using my own stateroom toilet and frequently washing my hands for the requisite amount of time. However, I cannot praise the crew highly enough for the care I received (particularly the laundry staff, if you catch my drift......) and although I did miss excursions through both the illness and quarantine period the refunds were processed that same evening. We were kept fully informed about the situation and I do have to wonder if some passengers were less than honest about their health so therefore spread the illness through a degree of selfishness? I have made a full recovery and no lingering after effects

I'm sad that you also became ill on the Zaandam. My wife was ill for three days. I'm Lucky I didn't get sick as well. I worked in healthcare for 35 years and watched and listened to the RN who supported my wife as as the crew members whose task it was to clean the stateroom on several occasions. I Thank everyone who assisted us and one man named Simon ( stateroom inspector ) who checked on us and made sure the bathroom was cleaned and that my wife was okay. The RN called several times after the first visit and medication distribution. I really don't think the crew could have done more. My wife finally feels back to normal today July 4. All you can say is bad luck even when we all try to protect ourselves in the manner you described. Happy that you have fully recovered and have posted your experience for others to note.