Parking at Port of Miami

CRUISER166

We are sailing on the Celebrity Equinox in September and I have a specific question about parking at the Port of Miami. Can we drive to the check-in area of the terminal, drop off our bags and then park in the closest garage to the terminal? My wife is mobility challenged so I would like to drop her off with the luggage, go park the car and then walk back to the check-in area. Thanks for any help on this.

We are sailing on the Celebrity Equinox in September and I have a specific question about parking at the Port of Miami. Can we drive to the check-in area of the terminal, drop off our bags and then park in the closest garage to the terminal? My wife is mobility challenged so I would like to drop her off with the luggage, go park the car and then walk back to the check-in area. Thanks for any help on this.

Yes, drop off your bags with the porter and leave your wife. Parking garage is directly across the street from the terminal. It will take you 5-10 minutes to pull in the garage find a spot, and the just exit the garage and walk across the street.

Only caveat to that is in April when we cruised o the Equinox we embarked at one terminal and disembarked at another. I parked in the garage we were going to arrive at and walked back the terminal we were embarking from. It was a 10 minute walk after exiting the garage.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We sailed out of POM on Silhouette in March. The only parking garage we saw was a few hundred yards from the ship and the drop-off area was packed. I was recovering from knee surgery at the time, though, and we were able to park in a handicapped spot in the lot a stone throw from the ship. My wife was immediately able to flag down a porter who took good care of us. Of course it could be Equinox is at a different berth.

While the lot and space were very convenient there was a downside in that a squadron of seagulls used our car for week long target practice.

Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I had planned to use an offsite parking facility but the preponderance of negative comments about the dangers of that convinced me to park at the POM. Navigating that port is a somewhat scary prospect as we have shuttled to it a few times in the past and I never figured out how anyone could navigate that maze.

You'll be fine and are making the right decision under your circumstances. enjoy!

Didn’t see it covered but if you are a Fl resident, parking at a Fl cruise port it’s free for those who have handicap status for their car. Huge savings in parking

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Didn’t see it covered but if you are a Fl resident, parking at a Fl cruise port it’s free for those who have handicap status for their car. Huge savings in parking

Parking is not free for all vehicles with a handicapped placard.

From https://library.municode.com/fl/miami_-_dade_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIIICOOR_CH30TRMOVE_ARTIINGE_S30-388.2FRPUPAPHDI

(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1) above, the Aviation and Seaport Departments shall be entitled to charge and collect parking fees for the use of any County airport or seaport parking facility, including facilities providing temporary, short-term, or up-close parking sites, by vehicles that display a disabled parking permit or license tag issued under Sections 316.1958, 320.084, 320.0842, 320.0843, 320.0845, or 320.0848, Florida Statutes, as such sections may be amended from time to time, except that any such vehicle exiting an airport or seaport parking facility less than two (2) hours from entering the facility shall not be charged parking fees. Any such vehicle exiting the facility more than two (2) hours from entering the facility shall be charged for the entire time the vehicle uses the facility.

(4) Notwithstanding subsections (2) and (3) above, no parking charges shall be imposed by the Public Health Trust or the Airport or Seaport Departments upon any vehicle with specialized equipment, such as ramps, lifts, or foot or hand controls, or for utilization by a person who has a disability or whose vehicle is displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit.