Msc for me wristbands

Maeves Nana

I have been following the boards for the last couple of months and many things are starting to come together as to what to expect on our family cruise on Seaside next year. I am, however, still confused about the MSC Wristbands for our 12 and 13 year olds. At first I thought they would get free wristbands at the Youth Club that would allow us to track their whereabouts, but then I came to the realization that the free wristbands are for kids - 11 and under. So now I'm wondering, do we stop at the front desk and all get our MSC For Me Wristbands for everyone in the family and then go up to the Youth Club and register the girls? Also, it appears we will not be able to track their location without the kids wristbands, is that right? Am I doing this correctly or still off base on this subject?

While on the subject, it seems some of the older ships offer a way to communicate with friends and family onboard using the wristband and not needing to purchase internet. Simple communication like "where are you? or "meet us at Noon". We are concerned about the girls losing or damaging their cellphones. Any idea why this is not part of MSC For Me? I would have expected the newer ships to offer the best technology.

Still no reply to my questions on wristbands but I did learn that I can track the kids with the MSC For Me App. I still am not able to communicate with them, however.

The Divina, Preziosa and Magnifica offer a Travelers App that operates without web connection and provides an instant messaging function. Just wondering why this isn't included with MSC For Me.

Any thoughts?

Tracking with the wristbands wasn't working when we went on the June 2nd cruise, they said they weren't sure if they were going to continue the program. Our 12 and 17 yr olds had wristbands (that we purchased for $5), and they were great as room keys and for them to get drinks, but otherwise they weren't used for anything. Seaside advertises a lot of stuff (especially for kids) that isn't actually there. :(

The regular MSC for Me wristbands are simply wristbands with an RFID chip inside - the same as in the card. So they open the cabin door or you can pay with them.

The kids wristbands are way thicker and have a GPS tracker inside. But those are only provided at the kids club and not for kids 12 and over.

The MSC for Me wristbands are pretty handy for the fitness center or the pool area.

steamboats

Thank you for your responses. Did anyone use the MSC For Me app to track the kids? I'd just like to have some idea where they could be found if needed - pool, teen club, buffet. We will have a general idea each morning of planned activities but plans change and they could be anywhere. We are traveling with 3 families and it sure would be helpful to know where to find them.

Sorry to hear MSC doesn't deliver on what they advertise. That's really disappointing. If the kids don't have fun, no one has fun.