Mini Suite Club Class

lloyfisc647

I must says on our last experience CC Dining sitting in table for 6-8 it was very relaxed dining, but on the one night we had a table for two, it was like Mrs Goose said eating, in and out in no time, no time between courses.

So one has made note to self, sit at larger tables, also they are next to the windows as well.

Cheers Don

He introduced himself as the maitre d and he was dressed differently but i don't see why the title matters now. He was awful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I only asked because on our 28 day cruise, we only saw the maitre d a couple of times and he did not do anything, but asked us if everything was OK. He was not dedicated to Club Dining.

On the other hand the Head Waiter was a gem and did all the extra cooking in the Club dining area. He was very visible and active. Our overall experience was enhanced by him.

If the dining room maitre d was awful it would have no impact our experience. If the Head Waiter, who ran the Club Dining, was awful it would have been significant for us.

That is why I was asking for clarification.

What did the person in question do or not do that made the experience so awful?

I only asked because on our 28 day cruise, we only saw the maitre d a couple of times and he did not do anything, but asked us if everything was OK. He was not dedicated to Club Dining.

On the other hand the Head Waiter was a gem and did all the extra cooking in the Club dining area. He was very visible and active. Our overall experience was enhanced by him.

If the dining room maitre d was awful it would have no impact our experience. If the Head Waiter, who ran the Club Dining, was awful it would have been significant for us.

That is why I was asking for clarification.

What did the person in question do or not do that made the experience so awful?

From what you're describing he was in fact the headwaiter, although we never met anyone else that would appear to be the maitre d'. But again, what he did has no bearing on the question of the original post and I'm not going to hijack the thread. In my 16 line response, only two lines were about how he ruined the experience.

From what you're describing he was in fact the headwaiter, although we never met anyone else that would appear to be the maitre d'. But again, what he did has no bearing on the question of the original post and I'm not going to hijack the thread. In my 16 line response, only two lines were about how he ruined the experience.

Got it. Message received.

I have one booked for my upcoming cruise. It is a new thing, the last time I sailed with Princess they didn't exist. I ended up booking it because the price for a mini-suite only covered one at the very front or very back of the ship. My travel partner wanted to be closer to the middle, so the price went up. At that point, it wasn't that much extra to get the Club Class mini. On Sapphire, all the central mini-suites are designated club class. I think it is a way to make extra money, like the airlines charging more for the seats they know people will want.

I have one booked for my upcoming cruise. It is a new thing, the last time I sailed with Princess they didn't exist. I ended up booking it because the price for a mini-suite only covered one at the very front or very back of the ship. My travel partner wanted to be closer to the middle, so the price went up. At that point, it wasn't that much extra to get the Club Class mini. On Sapphire, all the central mini-suites are designated club class. I think it is a way to make extra money, like the airlines charging more for the seats they know people will want.
That's probably what I would have done. I'm always very guilty of taking the option of an upgrade if it's only a little bit more. I agree completely with what you're saying about comparing it to Airline seats. In 15 years I don't want to be having to choose between 25 different categories of rooms. Just because some of them get to eat at a certain time or a certain location Etc. That was something I had trouble swallowing. This room is Club class now with an extended balcony? This room was always just regular before you made up this new category.

When club class first came out it came out with very very mixed results! I'm wondering if they're doing this on some sort of five year plans or something similar. Seeing how people like it, Etc. Because all of the changes they've made would be able to be totally reversed. Nothing is permanent. But they are receiving more money for the same room.