First time on Celebrity

brooklynphil

If you are in Aqua or a suite there is no charge.

I don't have the charges but if you repost your cabin class I am sure someone will have the information.

I'd also advise you to check out the Persian Garden before you succumb to a fee. It is an interior space with benches not the loungers featured on the S class ships.

The Persian Garden is free only if you're in Aqua Class. You are charged the extra fee if you're in any other class of stateroom, including a suite. The fee for a two-week cruise is $145 or so, plus service fees, bringing the total to about $170.

I feel it's worth it on an S-class ship, where the PG has huge windows overlooking the sea, but not on an M-class ship, where it's a dark, dank, interior room. The stone loungers on an S-class ship are much more comfortable, as well.

Your mileage may vary, of course. By all means, check it out before you buy the pass.

This may answer your question. however the picture in this link is an S class ship, while Summit is M class. As other have said the room on Summit is dark and I find it uninviting.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2857

I would ask them if you can buy one day to try it and go from there. I think it's still $99/week.

The Solarium is really nice with its Thallassotherapy pool. This is free.

Enjoy your cruise. Bermuda is lovely.

I'm not sure of the definition of Thalassotherapy pool, but Celebrity did remove the four downspouts that streamed water on you in a water massage manner. (I believe on all the M-Class ships, definitely on the Summit).

The Solarium is still a wonderful space.

The last time we were on Summit the downspouts were still there, but they were not of varying intensity - they were all the same, much too powerful for me. I liked when you had the choice of how hard you wanted the water - these hurt.

They offer free tours of the Persian Gardens and the entire spa area on embarkation day.

My suggestion is to go up to the spa area desk (deck 10, front of ship on starboard side, right before you reach the gym) and ask for a tour of the Persian Gardens.

Do this before you buy even a one-day pass.

I am with the group that does not care for the Persian Gardens on the M-class ships, preferring to use the solarium pool and the gym.

There is also a free sauna with a nice window looking out to sea in the spa locker rooms on deck 10, close to the forward elevators.

(Women port side, men starboard side)

Since this will be your first time on Celebrity, I also suggest taking a free guided tour of the ship.

When you enter your cabin the first day, you should find a copy of Celebrity Today, the ship's daily newsletter there, either on the bed or on the desk.

It should tell you when and where to meet for the ship tour.

Of course you can always walk around the decks and explore the ship on your own, but it is nice having a guide right there with you to answer your questions as you go along.

Just in case you don't already know this, one tip for an inside cabin is to keep your TV tuned to the bow cam channel that shows the view looking out the front of the ship, almost like having a small window.

It may not be available when you first board the ship though as they often have all the TV channels showing information about the muster drill on the first day.

Edited by varoo

Hi all. This is my first time on Celebrity. Going on the Summit in July for 7 days to Bermuda. My question is, how much is a daily or weekly pass to use the Persian Gardens?

For a week, the charge is $119 for anyone not in a Aquaclass cabin. Day use is I think $25 but I always buy the pass.

If what you are seeking is a traditional thermal suite, then you are likely to be pretty happy. If you're looking for the most recent cruiseship thrills--AKA steam w/a view-- then you will indeed be disappointed.

In its PG the Summit has both a large hammam and a smaller (1-2 person) mentholated steam room. In addition there is a "burn your bottom" if you don't sit on a towel hot dry room as well as a lounge area with large heated bench. A Traditional sauna--with a view--is available for free to everyone in the exercise/spa dressing rooms.

In the past year I've spent 3 weeks on the Summit, and used the PG daily. Because it's about steam and not pizazz, it is rarely busy, but if you eat late and don't care about the shows, between 6 and 8 you are just about guaranteed to have the place to your self--unless I'm onboard... :-)