Is Their a Point In Time When You Have Had Enough With Cruising? Then What?

We don't cruise enough to get burnt out and probably never will. Plus, like many other PPs, we have to travel quite a ways to get to a cruise port. Sometimes that is even more expensive than the cruise itself!

We have a healthy mix of road trips, land/fly trips, and cruises. Anything from camping to fancy hotels. We are thinking about trying an AI for the first time next year for our anniversary; we were originally going to do a cruise but DH has been wanting to try an AI.

We started back in '76 & are going on our 30th cruise. We have tried everything & picked the Haven, our own private part of the ship, on NCL. I think we will be done with this one. I can't believe we have done so many. I think this is where all our money went, but ah -- the memories!

Yup, I'm going back to a land vacation after about 8 years of cruising (4 trips). Not so much because I'm bored or growing unhappy with my cruises, but because the cruises I'd like to take are getting more expensive than I'm willing to spend. So now I'm planning a land trip to Italy for a few weeks. Who knows, after that I might go back to transoceanic cruising. (That's my preference - a transoceanic cruise with minimal port stops, either preceded or followed by a few days to a few weeks in the port country.)

As time passes and we age a little we had to decide between traveling around with our RV or going on a Cruise.. After a lot of consideration for both sides we sold our RV and three days later signed on for a Trans Atlantic from UK back to USA.

We agreed that the RV was more work on a daily bases vs being on a ship being waited on hand and foot.

Since I am a tad older then the Wife I have told her that my long range plans is ride a Motorized wheel chair when I can not walk up the angled gang way to board a ship. I want Tim Allen to build it so I can drive it up the ramp without being pushed by a crew member.

As I started out with time passing and age setting in, we have tried to limit going out about on a cruise to twice a year. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Bob

If the allure of being at sea remains strong and the cruise ship experience has started to become redundant collect two or three couples that you really enjoy being with and all of you pack a few suit cases full of money and charter a yacht :D . Skip the 300 foot long 'look at me ' mini liners and take a peak at some of the wonderful smaller boats (50 -70 foot yachts). They can be a lot less costly then many think so you won't need to bring as many suit cases stuffed with money. For a salt free water trip try a canal barge tour and if you haven't already experienced one, try a river cruise. Want to skip water all together and stay on land? There are some great train rides these days that are really becoming popular.

If you can't stand not being force fed entertainment all the time disregard this post. 'Vegas' is open 24-7.