How much $ to change to CUC?

Fogfog

Thanks everyone. I had googled for the denominations but found some differences in listed denominations. Some articles switched back and forth between CUC and CUP. A couple articles talked about CUC but showed photos of CUP!

We have a couple tours and my husband wants to buy some cigars. I hoped to be able to exchange some $100 USD bills for 100 CUC instead of a handful of 20 USD and 20 CUC.

Just FYI, every $100 USD will get you around 90 CUCS. (I know your comment was more about the actual bill amount, not the exchange rate.) We used mostly 50's. They gave us mostly 10's in exchange

enjoy

M

I am going to Canada before our trip to Cuba in March. Should I go ahead and plan to bring back some Canadian money to take to Cuba? thanks!

Yes. If you can get CAN $ with no fees attached, you'll save money converting to CUCs in Cuba.

our ship stops in grand cayman before Cienfuegos and Havana. Empress in Nov. Would it be better to get Cayman dollars ??

It’s only ever worth it if you don’t have to pay exchange charges.

Most people have no choice but to pay the exchange costs. So it’s not really worth the effort.

Just pay the 13% fee in Cuba and count it as a cost of doing business in their country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI, every $100 USD will get you around 90 CUCS. (I know your comment was more about the actual bill amount, not the exchange rate.) We used mostly 50's. They gave us mostly 10's in exchange

enjoy

M

Actually, you will get $87 CUC. 3% exchange fee and 10% USD exchange fee.