Balcony breakfast in Alaska....

Utahbelle

We are down to 15 days before our first Alaskan cruise and first cruise with Princess! My husband wanted to celebrate my 41st birthday with this cruise which is so sweet of him because he is not a fan of cruising at all! I have tried so hard to convert him but it hasn’t worked, maybe this cruise will? ;)

So back to my question! One morning we will be doing some scenic cruising through Tracy Arm and I know it will be cold, but I thought it would be a beautiful backdrop for a balcony breakfast. Has anyone done this? I am thinking our warm food would get cold really fast and maybe we will have our big coats on? I don’t know.

Has anyone done a balcony breakfast in Alaska? Should we save the extra money and just order room service? I think our balcony is partially covered, we are in cabin C402 on the Caribe deck.

I guess I have one more question! We have never done the spa before but have a couple of massages lined up. What is the etiquette of going to and from the spa? I don’t know how far away our room is but do people wear bathrobes? Or maybe a swimsuit with a coverup over it?

Thank you everyone!

We are down to 15 days before our first Alaskan cruise and first cruise with Princess! My husband wanted to celebrate my 41st birthday with this cruise which is so sweet of him because he is not a fan of cruising at all! I have tried so hard to convert him but it hasn’t worked, maybe this cruise will? ;)

So back to my question! One morning we will be doing some scenic cruising through Tracy Arm and I know it will be cold, but I thought it would be a beautiful backdrop for a balcony breakfast. Has anyone done this? I am thinking our warm food would get cold really fast and maybe we will have our big coats on? I don’t know.

Has anyone done a balcony breakfast in Alaska? Should we save the extra money and just order room service? I think our balcony is partially covered, we are in cabin C402 on the Caribe deck.

I guess I have one more question! We have never done the spa before but have a couple of massages lined up. What is the etiquette of going to and from the spa? I don’t know how far away our room is but do people wear bathrobes? Or maybe a swimsuit with a coverup over it?

Thank you everyone!

We did the balcony breakfast on the last sea day of an Alaska cruise while on the Golden. It was a little chilly outside but the food was not piping hot to begin with.

No advice on the spa. Happy birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the balcony breakfast in Tracy Arm on our honeymoon and it was wonderful. However, it was a week where it was sunny and near 80F in ports, so it was warm enough to do it. On some of our cruises, the weather on our glacier sailing days would NOT have been good for balcony breakfast at all! You might wait and see what your weather seems to be when you get there, and then decide if it will work.

We mentioned to our TA, and children how much fun the Balcony Breakfast is. So now it seem to be the go to gift. We have been on cruises where it was too cool to use the balcony, so we just set it up inside. Not perfect, but a very close second. We were comfortable, and still enjoyed the view.

I recommend doing it, and just deciding at the time inside, or outside.

we are in cabin C402 on the Caribe deck.

Thank you everyone!

You will have to walk to the forward elevators and take them up 4 or five decks, depending on the ship, to get to the spa. Dress however you are comfortable traveling through the ship. For me I would dress normally. I always feel those who move around the ship in robes look funny. Also your cabin robes may not fit very well, some are smallish and shortish. You can easily change at the spa.

Yep, just go to the spa in your regular clothes. You can undress to your comfort level. If you're in the SLC area, go hit up one of the massage schools and get an idea of what to expect. Those are not so spa like, but still usually a nice massage.

If you book the Sanctuary on that day- they will have breakfast and warm blankets for you. It was a treat to see the glaciers without the throngs of people. The balcony is nice too.

We were on The Golden Princess three weeks ago. I had planned a balcony meal of some kind for this cruise. Way too cold. Was not going to eat wearing a heavy coat and gloves. Was cold while we were there but probably has warmed up some since then. Weather permitting, would be fantastic.