MDR reservations for a group of 9

My family and I are doing RC for the first time July 2018. What do we do about reservations for My Time dining on port days when some may be returning from excursions at 7pm? Different activities make it hard to plan for dinner together, which is important to me. Thinking we will have to eat when we can on port days. Thanks.

Why don't you choose late traditional (fixed) dining?

Thanks for the suggestion but we have kids from 3 to 12. I'm afraid late seating is too late. Maybe I'm just making this more complicated than it really is!

You are over-thinking. You will need to be on the ship 30 mins. prior to sail away. Make your reservations when it suits your kids, and you should be fine. As far as a "group" goes, whoever wants to eat with your family, should show up at the same time as you, and you will be seated together.

Not sure what ship you are on. We did a family cruise on Oasis in Oct. We had 11 and did My Time Dining. I was able to make a reservation for every night. We were in Crown Lofts, so that may have helped, but I doubt it. The Maitre D' was spectacular. They assigned us the same table every night and we varied our times from as early as 5:30 to as late as 7:45. We had 5 kids ages 12 and under. The waiters were two of the best we ever have had (over 30 cruises). They were spectacular with the kids. I suggest you make reservations for the entire group for the times you wish for each night. Try emailing the dining room and request the same table and waiters each night. Once on board go and talk to the Dining Room and make sure they have your reservation. This should work for dining times close to each other. Of course if you request 5:30 one night and 8:30 another you may end up at different tables.

Thanks for the suggestion but we have kids from 3 to 12. I'm afraid late seating is too late. Maybe I'm just making this more complicated than it really is!

With a party of 9, it might be a bit of a wait if you do not have MTD reservations. If you are open to Windjammer for dinner, then that could be an option when the wait is too long.