Carnival Pride review

stellarose

Greetings. I will doing this in installments. we just got off on Sunday. If you have questions while i post the review- ask away!!!!!!!

Carnival pride 2018

About us:

Myself and DH in our mid 40’s. Teen son 17 and teen daughter14. In laws early 70s.

Looked for a ship that would leave from Baltimore. MIL doesnot fly.

Needed a ship that would entertain teens, DH and I and inlaws.- Pride checked all the boxes.

Booked over a year in advance. In laws had an extended balcony. DH and I / teens- abalcony that connected to an interior room. Perfect for us. Teens in one room;DH and I in the other (highly suggest).

Booked FTTF for just my family of 4.

Ports of call- Grand Turk. Half moon cay. Freeport

Embarkation:

Ok. We had FTTF. We decided to get to the port at 11ish.Good call. They did mess up telling us where to drop off the luggage and thenpay to park.

Ok. Parked and carrying book bags and a suitcase with oursodas. Then we got stopped- sorry yoursuitcase is too big. You need to check it (the one with the sodas in it). Well,they sent us to the regular line and when I said we had FTTF, they let us in,with the suitcase through security. Ahwe made it.

Then the wait. They had a small snafu. We did not get on until 12:15 ish. Straight to the room.

Now the doors leadingto the cabins will say don’t enter, but with FTTF we walked right in. roomready. They unlocked the connecting room door.

Off for lunch!!!!!

I had a veggie burger from guys. My other family hit thebuffet on the lido deck.

Then room- pool time!!!

Dinner- ATD- (would not do it again.. will explain later)-6:00 table of 6.

They did a good job with my son’s food allergies for thismeal (an issue later on)

Baggage- all came except one bag came really late. Goodfirst night/ day.

More later……

How was Dr E? Was Ken the maitre

Ken was not the maitre d this time. I think he is currently on one of the new ships. Dr. E is awesome! (I think there must be more than one of him. No way he can have that much energy and be EVERYWHERE, all the time!):D

Day 1 continued.

Did not see the comics the first night. Did the welcome aboard show- NOT good. Now Dr. E….. amazing. So worth watching just the pre show.

Went to the Rock the promenade in Red frog pub- eh, not toobad.

Set inlaws up with the HUB (worth the 5 dollars per personto chat. Will explain ins and outslater)

Bedtime. (now I likesilence and the fan blew all night. Ear plugs… magic)

Day 2 Sea Day #1

We got up early. Now the teens – each day they got up around11:00-11:30 each day. (again, Hub came in handy with them)

Hit the gym on the first day. good gym. Nice treadmills,bikes, etc

Got breakfast- verysimple buffett in lido deck/ mermaid grill (standard- pancakes/ waffles, madeto order omlettes. ME… Blue Iguana-breakfast burrito!!! (every day).

Now- serenity pool- no chairs at 8am. Yes, 8am. So I found aspot Apollo pool forward. You don’t get the sound from the main pool.

Met nice people to watch my stuff for lunch buffett- eachday a new theme- Caribbean, oriental, etc.

You can also have tacos/ burritos/ or guys burgers.

Pizza- takes a long long time. (20 minutes) (only got onelast sea day)

Formal night. ATD is crazy. Lines long. Took almost 35minutes to get a table. (one day it took over an hour).

I did get the vegetarian dish (not the featured one). Rootveggies pie crust. Good.

Since dinner took so long we only saw one comedy show.AWESEOME. Vargus Mason.

The comics do one PG and one R show a night. (they had twocomics in the beginning and two different ones at the end).

Went to bed around 11:30 pm

End of Sea Day #1 coming up… Sea Day #2. ……….

I’m sorry you had problems with the ATD, but it doesn’t surprise me. I had a similar experience with my daughter on the Imagination (she wanted ATD). That’s why my spouse and I will be doing a set dining time when we cruise on the Pride in September.

Sea day #2.

today was an early morning. hubby up earlier to get coffee to sit on the balcony. instead of hitting the gym i decided to walk the deck. not the jogging track but the deck 10 (i think...). you can go the entire way around the ship- outside. great view.

another breakfast of burrito from blue iguana. I wanted to try the yellow slide today- closed due to water pump issue. (sad face). so back to the apollo pool forward for another tanning session.

lunch buffet today- good. line way way too long for sandwiches (did not get any during the week- lines aways crazy)

did take a break for trivia (very very popular)- we did "slogans" proud to say we scored 19/20 (did not win the plastic ship on stick).

used hub to connect with in laws and teens. (loving the teen club by the way).

ATD= not too bad today. 30 minute wait.

Main show- Getaway Island- stayed for 10 minutes and had to leave . not good.

plan b- comedy shows. so we did the PG show with vargus and the R show with thea.

Mega Deck party!!! awesome. the DJ was great.

Grand Turk coming up.

(I do hope yall are enjoying the review. if you have questions... let me know)