Bliss - Alaska. Experience with rough seas?

Hello fellow travelers. We are headed to Alaska on the Bliss late August. For those of you that have already sailed this route on the Bliss, wondering what your experience was with the seas? I have a 9 year old that does just OK with rough water. Better/worse on certain days?

Thanks.

I have only made the trip on the Pearl. Water absolutely fine in terms of motion once you hit the inside passage. Some motion the first day out and the day back when you stop in Victoria. Even then not that bad. Of course depends also on the weather somewhat.

In late August, be prepared for rough seas - you will probably be ok, but we can get wind storms at that time of year. I think the Bliss sails the outside passage, so there will be movement from Seattle to Ketchikan and then Skagway to Seattle, might be minimal, might not.

We sailed the Bliss for 27 days and she is incredibly stable but 2 evenings, I couldn't be above deck 8 or forward of midship.

We have done this itinerary multiple times. Since you are NOT on the inside passage, you spend day 1, 2, and 6 in open sea which can get bumpy of the weather is not cooperating. No more or less than a normal cruise. The waters in the fjords is smooth (glacier watching day either at Sawyer or Glacier Bay).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the June 23 sailing and we definitely had some rougher sea days. Both sea days we had a lot of side to side motion that left some in our group feeling pretty queasy. The captain (someone?) even made an announcement that just because The Bliss is big doesn't mean it won't move. I think a lot of passengers were surprised by how much motion we felt. We definitely had moments where there was enough motion that you couldn't walk in a straight line down a corridor. Hopefully our experience was an exception...

Thank you all for your perspectives on this. It seems like this cruise, just like all others, really depends on the weather. The notes about days 1, 2 and 6 are helpful for sure. We can get some meds in my son ahead of those days. Happy sailing to all of you.

Thank you all for your perspectives on this. It seems like this cruise, just like all others, really depends on the weather. The notes about days 1, 2 and 6 are helpful for sure. We can get some meds in my son ahead of those days. Happy sailing to all of you.

My sister just wore a patch she got from her doctor the whole time. Scopolamine I think. No drowsy side effects

Sent from my iPhone using Forums