Tivoli Planning Help!

1st visit to Copenhagen coming up (our cruise embarks there next month) & we want to visit Tivoli but we are overwhelmed with the choices of entrance only ticket, paying for individual rides, or whether it is best to get the unlimited ride pass? We would be going on a Wednesday. Do most people get the unlimited pass for simplicity or pay for each ride? Which rides are the “must dos” for 2 adults? Dining recommendations would also be much appreciated inside the park. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1st visit to Copenhagen coming up (our cruise embarks there next month) & we want to visit Tivoli but we are overwhelmed with the choices of entrance only ticket, paying for individual rides, or whether it is best to get the unlimited ride pass? We would be going on a Wednesday. Do most people get the unlimited pass for simplicity or pay for each ride? Which rides are the “must dos” for 2 adults? Dining recommendations would also be much appreciated inside the park. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Groftens is excellent! http://www.groeften.dk/uk/welcome/

Do not buy entrance or the ride pass up front at the web - nothing to save - buy at the entrance.

The ride pas is DKK 230. Each ride is either DKK 30, 60 or 90 - so if ride pass depend on the number and type of rides. You can buy DKK 30 tickets for only few rides.

You can see individual rides and prices (number of DKK30 tickets) here https://www.tivoli.dk/en/haven+og+forlystelser/forlystelser

My preferred restaurants are ‘Brdr. Price’ or ‘Nimb Brasseri’ - for lunch ‘Fru Nimb’ and many will recommend ‘Færgekroens Bryghus’ or as dogs4fun ‘Grøften’ - for diner I’ll recommend table reservation - here a link to all the restaurants: https://www.tivoligardens.com/en/mad+og+drikke/spisesteder

Should not be necessary to make table reservation for lunch but if you really want to eat at a certain time at a specific restaurant it’s better to book table. Can always be modified or cancelled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you generally ride rides at amusement parks? If you're someone who loves roller coasters, and thrill rides in general, it might be better to get the unlimited ticket. If you just want to sample a few, buy individual tickets.

There is an airplane on a large "arm" that only seats about 6 people at a time, towards the back of the park. It is the most G-forces I've ever experienced. I'm not sure it would even be legal in the states.

The Hans Christian Andersson ride is sweet, and it's fun to try to guess all the stories. There's a button in your car that will switch the narration to English (we found it 2/3 of the way thru.)

We also ate a Groften and enjoyed it.

We did the combo pass that included entrance fee, unlimited ride wristband as well as a counter service meal (generally a sandwich, side and a drink) and I thought it was a pretty good value. The food, even from the counter service restaurants, was all cooked fresh to order. Not exactly 'fast food' (e.g. 10 minute or so wait), but really good.

We're big amusement park fans, though, so we rode just about everything in the park, all in a fairly short time frame (I think we were there for 5 hours). The only thing my wife and I skipped (and let the teenagers do) was the Vertigo (the airplane arm ride the previous poster mentioned). That one was pretty intense.

I can recommend Færgekroen.

The food was good and the house Pet (a angry duck chasing the costumers) made it more fun.

Not that it was that aggressive but if people walked to close to him/her there was a reaction :D