Whittier to Anchorage question

ColleenFL

I know this is early but I am a planner type person. We are sailing on royal princess June northbound glaciers, and I have been looking into what the best option to get from Whittier to Anchorage is, can anyone recommend which is best (below is some options I have found)?

Anchorage tours and transfers- half day post cruise transfer, 4 hours they pick up at cruise terminal and will drop you off at hotel or airport.

A.C.T. Alaska cruise transportation

7 hours includes lunch and many sights along the way pick up at cruise terminal and drop off any location in Anchorage. Leaves cruise terminal approx. 8:30am, they say we can disembark ship starting at 7:30 and a ten minute walk.

Train Alaska railroad I think 6:45pm depart and arrive Anchorage 9:15pm I have not done much research on this option, I don’t know any specifics.

Any other ideas are welcomed, we are not interested in renting a car.

We will be staying overnight in Anchorage. I am leaning towards A.C.T.

Thank you

Whatever you decide will be better than the Princess disembarkation excursion to Portage Glacier. Worst guide I have ever had on a ship's tour--including cruises to lands of Third World English.

Just be sure to confirm the time your private tour is leaving as the deadlines are absolute. Northbound traffic through the tunnel departs Whittier on the half-hour, so "approx. 8:30 AM" won't cut it--if that is the planned tunnel time you better have found your pick up by 8:05-8:10 at the very latest.

We have used ACT multiple times to go from Whittier to Anchorage. They are excellent. We would recommend them. You can easily book online. When you disembark in Whittier they have a representative there to check in and they will direct you to your bus. One time we did the transfer that included a stop at a wildlife conservation place. We would recommend that as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We have used ACT multiple times to go from Whittier to Anchorage. They are excellent. We would recommend them. You can easily book online. When you disembark in Whittier they have a representative there to check in and they will direct you to your bus. One time we did the transfer that included a stop at a wildlife conservation place. We would recommend that as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We used the Anchorage Transfer mini bus service with the wildlife conservation center & it was great & very reasonable .book on line & get a discount .

don't forget to google :discount books in Alaska to save a bunch of money . you can see the coupons prior to purchase .

If you go to Denali National Park with a rental car , Best place top stay is the Denali Lakeview inn . Bed & Breakfast . Reasonable & over looks Lake Otto . It is a AAA 3 diamond bed & breakfast . We stayed thee twice & loved every minute including our private balcony viewing the huge lake . next door is a ATV place & we got a 2 for one using our discount book coupon . We have been to Alaska 5 times & still want to go back

Cliff