Onboard spending

Tabitha73

Hi

My parents booked 5x balcony rooms and 1x stateroom (17 peopel travelling) on the Sapphire Princess sailing 28th July 2018 back in July 2017 and had been advised onboard spending would be added closer to the sailing date...so far only onboard spends have been added for the stateroom at $100.

Is it normal for Princess to not give onboard spending? When I cruised with them in 2016 we received fantastic onboard spend per room.

Any advise on what can be done?

If the booking was done during a sale with OBC as a benefit, it would show up immediately in your Personalizer.

If you booked with a TA that offered OBC as a benefit, it may not show up until final payment, but the receipt from the TA should list it.

And, if you booked direct through Princess, you can search for a TA that offers OBC and transfer the booking to the TA (must be before final payment, too late for that now).

It's probably too late for these suggestions, but there's always next time...

If anyone in your group is a veteran, he/she can send in the appropriate paperwork (Google Princess military OBC) and get OBC from that. (You might have enough time for this one).

If anyone in your group owns Carnival stock he/she can send in the appropriate paperwork (Google Princess shareholder benefit) and get OBC from that.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!:D

Edited by JF - retired RRT

It was direct with Princess and they advised they would give OBC but that OBC had not been finalised and would be done before we sail but less than 3weeks to go and they have only done OBC for the stateroom

It was direct with Princess and they advised they would give OBC but that OBC had not been finalised and would be done before we sail but less than 3weeks to go and they have only done OBC for the stateroom

Then, it looks like that's all you're getting.

Read your booking summary. OBC is ALWAYS listed there. Never heard of Princess adding OBC "later".

Another way to get OBC...if you enjoy the cruise...is to buy Future Cruise Deposits (FCD). Best done while on the ship. It's possible to purchase after the cruise, but you get less OBC.

Call Princess. Try to negotiate something. 1) Perhaps the current cruise price is lower than what you paid. 2) Cry and say they promised you $200 per stateroom. 3) tell them you were told they were going to match the $150 per room an online agency was offering.

Try one or more of these tactics or try your own tactic. Work your way to a supervisor. One hour of your time might get you something.

Next time book through an online agency or local agent that sells many cruises and that make it clear what you get before you book.

Call Princess. Try to negotiate something. 1) Perhaps the current cruise price is lower than what you paid. 2) Cry and say they promised you $200 per stateroom. 3) tell them you were told they were going to match the $150 per room an online agency was offering.

Skip number 3. That is something Princess never does.

My DH & I booked a cruise this past New Years 2018 on the Regal. We cruised with 4 other couples. It was booked as a group cruise with Princess group planners. They told us we would get OBC but it would be based on the total cost of the group. We booked 5 balcony cabins. We did not book under any other promotions. In the end we received $25.00 per cabin. I didn't think it was worth the trouble of booking as a group. So from now on we try to book during a promotion and let everyone book their own cabin then link together for dining. I had to keep calling over and over to get the OBC because I was listed as the group leader. They finally gave us the $25.00 about 2 weeks before sailing. If one cabin got $100 OBC I would call and push for the others to get the same. Good Luck.