question about going with one parent

jocko4279

I'm trying to call MSC, been on hold forever..big surprise. Long story short, family of 4 booked for Seaside this coming Saturday. My wife may not be going now. If I take my two kids myself does anyone know if I need some sort of documentation from my wife, stating she gives permisssion? We are not divorced / separated , anything like that....thanks

Usually there is a form that must be signed and notarized. This has been especially true in Mexican ports.

14.1 All the provisions of clause 10 and the requirement of fitness to travel is applicable to all passengers including Minors.

14.2 The Carrier does not accept unaccompanied Minors. Minors will not be allowed to embark unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian or any other authorized person. Adult Passengers travelling with a Minor shall be fully responsible for that Minor’s conduct and behaviour. Minors may not order or consume alcoholic beverages or participate in gambling. For the purposes of consuming alcoholic beverages and participate in gambling only, Wwhen the itinerary includes a port located in the U.S.A., Minors shall be intended the same conditions will apply for any Passengers under the age of 21.

14.3 Minors onboard must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times and are welcome at the activities onboard or at shore excursions, provided that a parent or guardian is present. Children cannot remain onboard if their parents or guardians go ashore, unless expressly authorized by the on board staff.

14.4 The adult passengers shall be liable to the Carrier and shall reimburse it for loss, damage or delay sustained by the Carrier because of any act or omission of the Passenger or Minor Passenger in the care of the adult.

14.5 Minor Passengers are subject to all the terms contained in the Conditions of Carriage.

My husband and I often end up traveling alone with our son for a variety of reasons (though we’ve never done it on a cruise). We always carry a notarized letter when we do. MSC May have one, but you can typically find a form letter online for this purpose and have it notarized. We’ve never been asked to produce it, but I’d hate to be asked and not have it — it’s not unheard of for people to be questioned.

I'm trying to call MSC, been on hold forever..big surprise. Long story short, family of 4 booked for Seaside this coming Saturday. My wife may not be going now. If I take my two kids myself does anyone know if I need some sort of documentation from my wife, stating she gives permisssion? We are not divorced / separated , anything like that....thanks