Shore Excursions Question

carloscafe

I have a quick question regarding the booking of shore excursion on the Western Mediterranean. I will be sailing on the Norwegian Epic Sept. 16-23, 2018.

This is my 1st Mediterranean cruise experience and on past cruises to Mexico, Jamaica and the Caribbean I have always just found a tour company when I get to the port and book a shore excursion. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Thanks

I have a quick question regarding the booking of shore excursion on the Western Mediterranean. I will be sailing on the Norwegian Epic Sept. 16-23, 2018.

This is my 1st Mediterranean cruise experience and on past cruises to Mexico, Jamaica and the Caribbean I have always just found a tour company when I get to the port and book a shore excursion. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Thanks

You won't find all that many options doing it this way.

There are often taxi drivers waiting at the ports, who will take you places, but I would be quite reluctant to rely on any good tour options to be available. Remember that in Civitavecchia and Livorno you are a long way from the main sights. You need to be getting on your way rather than negotiating tours.

Maybe you could find something in Naples, as things are closer, but the decent tour guides will be booked in advance.

I would look at the roll call about joining private tours, or look into doing it yourself. Relying on finding something at the port would be at the bottom of my list of options.