Any way to upgrade VIFP quicker?

Here's what HAL does in their bonuses on their Mariner Star Status program:

CRUISE DAY CREDITS:

1 credit earned for every day sailed.

SUITE BONUS CREDITS:

1 bonus credit earned for every day sailed.

ONBOARD SPENDING BONUS:

1 bonus credit will be granted for every $300 spent in onboard purchases.

This is calculated on the combined folio charges for all guests on the booking, regardless of who signs each charge and who pays the bill. There is a limit of one bonus day for each day sailed, and 3rd and 4th guests on the same booking do not earn the onboard spending bonus.

It is a pretty good selection.

[ATTACH]424982[/ATTACH]

It's a limited selection and I'd rather pay that drink some of those brands. Royal also loads a few drink tickets on your cruise card that you *could* share with others.

Here's what HAL does in their bonuses on their Mariner Star Status program:

CRUISE DAY CREDITS:

1 credit earned for every day sailed.

SUITE BONUS CREDITS:

1 bonus credit earned for every day sailed.

ONBOARD SPENDING BONUS:

1 bonus credit will be granted for every $300 spent in onboard purchases.

This is calculated on the combined folio charges for all guests on the booking, regardless of who signs each charge and who pays the bill. There is a limit of one bonus day for each day sailed, and 3rd and 4th guests on the same booking do not earn the onboard spending bonus.

As others have said, the cost of loyalty programs is built into the price of the cruise. Somebody pays for it, and it isn't he cruise line.

Isn't there a lot of people who are Platinum now? If so, wouldn't this diminish the perk of prior boarding, etc? As an example, when I had TSA pre-check and so did everyone else. The line was shorter in the regular line than the pre-check line.

Hi

As I said, for those that like to get drunk a 3 hr. open bar sounds really great. For some of us just a few drinks is enough. By the way, the parties I have attended were an hour, and they do serve hors d'oeuvres, but more food isn't always what we need on a cruise.

Maybe 40 yrs. ago the 3 hr. open bar would have looked better :), but not today. Today I appreciate free laundry. I have only cruised with Royal 5 times (and not recently), so I wouldn't know, do they give you free laundry?

Also, as I said, the cost of those "free" perks are built into the cruise fare, just like all the other "freebies" they come up with in their promotions. By the time you get them, you have paid for them. So I ask again, why on earth would someone choose a cruise based on the "perks" offered through the rewards program?

At Diamond plus (175 points) you get 1 free bag per cruise.

Hi

As I said, for those that like to get drunk a 3 hr. open bar sounds really great. For some of us just a few drinks is enough. By the way, the parties I have attended were an hour, and they do serve hors d'oeuvres, but more food isn't always what we need on a cruise.

Maybe 40 yrs. ago the 3 hr. open bar would have looked better :), but not today. Today I appreciate free laundry. I have only cruised with Royal 5 times (and not recently), so I wouldn't know, do they give you free laundry?

Also, as I said, the cost of those "free" perks are built into the cruise fare, just like all the other "freebies" they come up with in their promotions. By the time you get them, you have paid for them. So I ask again, why on earth would someone choose a cruise based on the "perks" offered through the rewards program?

I will be able to enjoy the drinks for the first time next month. And it is definitely not about getting drunk for me. I am way to old for that now.LOL I drink martini’s, so 2 and I’m done. I will never let anyone else do my laundry, but I do like that Carnival has the self serve launderettes. On my upcoming 21 days with RCI, I will be getting real creative with hand washing. Everyone has their perks that they like. Hopefully, most people aren’t really cruising for perks anyway.

Right now I cruise for itinerary, so for those that are relatively new to cruising, they can easily rack up some days just doing Caribbean cruises. And as a solo cruiser, I do like that several cruise lines with give us double points. (Not Carnival).

There are more than a few Carnival cruisers that act that way too. [...] I've experienced it first hand. On our most recent cruise, while my wife and I were at the buffet getting our food, a woman cut in front of me rather than wait her turn in line. I spoke up and said "Excuse me! You have to wait your turn in line just like everyone else." She replied "I'm Platinum and have been on 16 cruises." Before she said anything further, she realized that the people behind us were glaring at her too. Without saying another word, she turned around and walked away.

My response to her after flaunting her Platinum status would have been

"Ma'am, your exalted Platinum status, AND $1.40, will get you a cup of coffee at the Waffle House." :D

Isn't there a lot of people who are Platinum now? If so, wouldn't this diminish the perk of prior boarding, etc? As an example, when I had TSA pre-check and so did everyone else. The line was shorter in the regular line than the pre-check line.

Yes quite a few . It amuses me watching people pushed to their limits at times .

I will be able to enjoy the drinks for the first time next month. And it is definitely not about getting drunk for me. I am way to old for that now.LOL I drink martini’s, so 2 and I’m done. I will never let anyone else do my laundry, but I do like that Carnival has the self serve launderettes. On my upcoming 21 days with RCI, I will be getting real creative with hand washing. Everyone has their perks that they like. Hopefully, most people aren’t really cruising for perks anyway.

Right now I cruise for itinerary, so for those that are relatively new to cruising, they can easily rack up some days just doing Caribbean cruises. And as a solo cruiser, I do like that several cruise lines with give us double points. (Not Carnival).

Gin or Vodka? Royal's choice of vodka would not be mine, but that is subjective. I prefer vodka but do like their gin choice.

Once you are at the top loyalty level, what difference do double points make? You do sound like the type of cruiser Carnival likes and wants - one that cruises because they like the cruise line, and not someone who cruises for the perks.

I have chosen a cruise for a special itinerary, but in general, they all do similar.

Gin or Vodka? Royal's choice of vodka would not be mine, but that is subjective. I prefer vodka but do like their gin choice.

Once you are at the top loyalty level, what difference do double points make? You do sound like the type of cruiser Carnival likes and wants - one that cruises because they like the cruise line, and not someone who cruises for the perks.

I have chosen a cruise for a special itinerary, but in general, they all do similar.

Gin for me...and Dirty. LOL. I will turn Diamond next year on the Splendor repo to Singapore, and then have cruises planned for South America on Celebrity and NCL in 2020...it’s all about the new ports for me.

Gin for me...and Dirty. LOL. I will turn Diamond next year on the Splendor repo to Singapore, and then have cruises planned for South America on Celebrity and NCL in 2020...it’s all about the new ports for me.

You sound like a fun cruiser. Enjoy!