Vintages should add craft beers...

I predict something called The Bamboo Room. ;)

I was just going to say this! I think that as long as it goes well on the Mariner and then the Navigator, it will eventually expand beyond Voyager class.

I have high expectations for the Bamboo Room! Finally a new bar concept that is actually keeping up with the times...exploding "tiki culture".

Just last month on the Anthem, Vintages was used for the following: crafting during the day, crew drinking (Guest Services, officers, etc). and LGBTQ+ daily mixer. Other than that, it was mostly empty.

I don't like their selection but I make due. :D

And that's why there's no major push to expand the selection. Most cruisers don't care, and most who do don't care enough for it to impact which cruise line they choose with.

I think it would be great if they expanded the selection, but, like you, I can make do with what they sell.

TBH, I'd rather they allow people to bring on a sixer of beer (even for a fee) so that I could bring something local on, either at embarkation or in port.

They certainly don't have an issue picking which scotches, rum, vodkas or gins to carry. . :D

From what i've seen, I don't think that they carry any liquor which is comparable to craft beer; its all major, universally available brands.

From what i've seen, I don't think that they carry any liquor which is comparable to craft beer; its all major, universally available brands.

The only place I’ve seen that was in Michael’s on Quantum and Anthem. Now that it is no longer Michael’s I don’t know if they will keep the same selection of both beers and spirits.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

People drink them for all the same reasons they drink macro beer. You probably get the hangovers because craft beers generally have a higher ABV.

In another threaad people were discussing craft beer on cruise ships and there is definitely a market for it. The trouble is getting the beverage purchasers at a corporate level to ignore the stupid advice of AB-InBev. And for them to Realize that they do not need to have the same beers on every ship for every sailing. I'd like to see them highkight the departure port and the ports of call.

Ah, AB-InBev :evilsmile: I agree that it would be great to see the cruise lines highlight local ports beers. Here in Florida there are SO many at each departure port. And more and more breweries here in Florida are distributing so it would be a good addition to the ships. Craft, not crap, right? ;)

Ah, AB-InBev :evilsmile: I agree that it would be great to see the cruise lines highlight local ports beers. Here in Florida there are SO many at each departure port. And more and more breweries here in Florida are distributing so it would be a good addition to the ships. Craft, not crap, right? ;)

Definitely, a lot of them could keep up with the demand! Intuition, Crooked Can, Cigar City, Funky Buddha, Florida Brewing all have huge distribution lines now. (I'm ignoring that two of them aren't independent anymore).

Definitely, a lot of them could keep up with the demand! Intuition, Crooked Can, Cigar City, Funky Buddha, Florida Brewing all have huge distribution lines now. (I'm ignoring that two of them aren't independent anymore).

Yeah, I hate that they aren't independent anymore but oh well. Hourglass is also upping distribution too. Sure we could make a pretty extensive list for Royal Caribbean of all the craft beers they could load onto each port in Florida.

Tomoka Brewing in Port Orange had, and is having again, a presentation with a rep from Royal Caribbean about a Craft Beer-Themed Brews Cruise that will feature tastings, brewery tours and more. I am really curious as to the details about this. And shows there is hope yet for craft beer onboard. Know my husband would be the first to sign up for a craft beer cruise!

Do people actually like craft beers to get a buzz or do they drink them for the taste? Whenever I've had them, I always get wicked hangovers, macro-brews just don't do that to me. As long as I'm not driving the ship I'll take something to give me a buzz whether it be a fruity drink or a bud light. We've always

You can't necessarily drink craft beers the same way you drink macro beers because they're often higher alcohol.

I'm the opposite of you - a light lager like Bud Light makes me feel like crap, but a quality craft beer doesn't do that.

Yeah, I hate that they aren't independent anymore but oh well. Hourglass is also upping distribution too. Sure we could make a pretty extensive list for Royal Caribbean of all the craft beers they could load onto each port in Florida.

Tomoka Brewing in Port Orange had, and is having again, a presentation with a rep from Royal Caribbean about a Craft Beer-Themed Brews Cruise that will feature tastings, brewery tours and more. I am really curious as to the details about this. And shows there is hope yet for craft beer onboard. Know my husband would be the first to sign up for a craft beer cruise!

I forgot about Central 28, too.

Hopefully that opens up RCI's eyes to the future.

As mentioned, same kinda thing about wine.

Let's say there are ten taps - Pale, IPA, Double IPA, Sour, Wheat, Pilsner, Stout, Porter, Golden, Fruit or Cider....and many more in cans/bottles.

Big craft guy here, but I would think that that many beers would go stale and skunky by the time the ship worked through an inventory. And may not be enough space to handle that many taps. But certainly rotating or carrying US craft from local port area could work.

Also as many Big Beer Companies are taking stakes in craft brewers, switching out of some of the main fleet beers to some of the craft offerings could work.

ABInBev has ties to BluePoint, Elysian, Goose Island and a host of others as well as the Craft beer Alliance. Heineken, which owes RedStripe and Amstel, also owns Lagunitas, who still makes good brews. And Miller Coors has ties with Terrapin and Hops Valley. So RCL could extend their offers without going the whole 9 yards in craft.

The Pub would be a perfect spot.

I don't like the idea of serving beer at Vintages. I really don't want a bunch beer drinkers hanging around while I enjoy a fine glass of wine.

JB

Are you being sarcastic or just classist? Because modern craft beer is as fine, robust and diverse as wine. And the same goes for its consumers.

I don't like the idea of serving beer at Vintages. I really don't want a bunch beer drinkers hanging around while I enjoy a fine glass of wine.

JB

Most of the wine at Vintages is far from fine. Sure, they have some good selections there, but most of it is just middle-of-the-road.

Many people drink craft beer because of the taste...not to get drunk. Similar to enjoying a nice glass of wine before or during dinner (which I very much enjoy). Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite...all starts to taste like the same flavored water to me. They meet the need if I will be drinking beer continuously over a long period of time and don't want to get (too) drunk. If I'm going to have one or 2 though, I want taste. I'm currently enjoying a Kona Brewing Gold Cliff IPA made with pineapple. First time that I've tried it and I like it.

I really think Royal is missing a growing trend but like many other threads here, so long as the ships continue to sail full...

And that's why there's no major push to expand the selection. Most cruisers don't care, and most who do don't care enough for it to impact which cruise line they choose with.

I think it would be great if they expanded the selection, but, like you, I can make do with what they sell.

TBH, I'd rather they allow people to bring on a sixer of beer (even for a fee) so that I could bring something local on, either at embarkation or in port.

Not that I don't care but when I am not given the option to have a Lagavulin when I want a peaty single malt or when I want Hendrick's gin I am able to make due with what they have. It doesn't ruin my vacation. I would just prefer my choices to be a little more varied. Since they have been pushing the drink packages they have greatly reduced the options.