Celebrity Edge?

Brooke61611

Hi I am thinking about booking a European celebrity edge cruise for our honeymoon July of 2019. I was wondering if anyone has been on this cruise or knows how it’s like? My fiancé and I will be 21 when we go so we are worried there won’t be much for us to do, such as activities and shows. Also my travel agent said this a very “fancy” cruise so we would need to be dressed very nice every night. Which worries me since I’m not a big dressy person and neither is he. Any thoughts on this cruise for a young couples honeymoon?? Thanks :)1560265ee1aa8e9c024e315a0aa7e48a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hate to break the news to you, but it’s going to be a few months before anyone has a review of the Edge. Welcome to CC!

FWIW: I’m 26 and my wife is 22, we’re on our first Celebrity cruise on Saturday after being RCCL travelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to break the news to you, but it’s going to be a few months before anyone has a review of the Edge. Welcome to CC!

Thanks, I guess I got confused I read somewhere that edge has already sailed, maybe it was for testing!

Thanks, I guess I got confused I read somewhere that edge has already sailed, maybe it was for testing!

Maiden voyage is in November I believe, I know it was floated out of dry dock not long ago! Best of luck in your decision. We’re doing a “makeup honeymoon” on the Equinox since our first cruise booked for our honeymoon was disrupted by a one of the hurricanes last year.

Maiden voyage is in November I believe, I know it was floated out of dry dock not long ago! Best of luck in your decision. We’re doing a “makeup honeymoon” on the Equinox since our first cruise booked for our honeymoon was disrupted by a one of the hurricanes last year.

Ooo no fun! Good luck with this one I’m sure you’ll have a blast!

My wife and I are in our early 30s. We really enjoy Celebrity. We have done an Alaskan cruise and a Italian and Greek cruise with them Here is an example of what I usually wear to the Main Dining Room. Except for the Evening Chic nights (I wore a sports coat and slacks), I wore jeans and just a nice t-shirt every night to the Main Dining Room. We are booked on the Edge for a 3/24/19 sailing.

With a port intensive cruise, like the one you are looking at, the ship is mostly a hotel/restaurant. So ship activities are often considered less important.

With that said, there isn't a ton of night life activities, unless you create your own, or things like zip lines, climbing walls etc.

I love Celebrity, it's a great fit for us. But I'm not sure I would have felt the same way twenty years ago.

Sent from while daydreaming I am in Luminae

I’ll disagree a bit on you have to make your own fun. Yes that’s a port intensive cruise but there will be good shows and entertainers most nights, good dance music in a few bars and lounges.

More than enough for us to do. Yup, no climbing walls and zip lines but that never looked that fun w 500 people watching.

Should be a great cruise and if you can spend a day or so in Barcelona our favorite Med port. Tons to do and see.

Apparently Some TAs haven’t updated their view of Celebrity in years. Suits and cocktail/formal dining done a few nights each cruise was dropped more than a few years ago. Slacks and shirts, pants outfits go great. I wear a sport jacket a few nights just because I like one.

Den

I’ll disagree a bit on you have to make your own fun. Yes that’s a port intensive cruise but there will be good shows and entertainers most nights, good dance music in a few bars and lounges.

More than enough for us to do. Yup, no climbing walls and zip lines but that never looked that fun w 500 people watching.

Should be a great cruise and if you can spend a day or so in Barcelona our favorite Med port. Tons to do and see.

Apparently Some TAs haven’t updated their view of Celebrity in years. Suits and cocktail/formal dining done a few nights each cruise was dropped more than a few years ago. Slacks and shirts, pants outfits go great. I wear a sport jacket a few nights just because I like one.

Den

Thanks! We do actually plan on spending a day in Paris and Barcelona before the trip and then 2 days in Greece after the cruise! I’m worried that those days in Paris and Barcelona won’t be enough!

Thanks! We do actually plan on spending a day in Paris and Barcelona before the trip and then 2 days in Greece after the cruise! I’m worried that those days in Paris and Barcelona won’t be enough!

They never are. There’s a relatively nice overnight train from Paris to Barcelona. Get a sleeper and save on hotels.

Den

Personally,, I’d consider staying in Paris Or Barcelona. Trying to do both for a day or so each prior to a cruise really limits what you can see and do. Either fly to Barcelona and spend the time there prior the the cruise, and plan to see Paris on a later trip, Or fly to Paris and enjoy Paris, then fly/train to Barcelona for the cruise.

There is so much to see and do in each, and this way, you’ll just Have to go back to Europe again and see the one you didn’t spend enough time in.......and it goes without saying either city, you’ll want to go back to again (and again!).

We flew to Paris and did day trips in and around Paris for 5 days, then flew onto Istanbul for a cruise. We’ve stayed in Barcelona and wandered the Rhombus (Sp?), and many other locals. Fantastic.

Enjoy whatever you decide. It’s an exciting time and you’ve picked a wonderful way to celebrate being married! We do the same even after 29+ years!

Den

My daughter is 21 and has been going on Celebrity since she was 15 and LOVES it. We are taking her and her boyfriend....probably fiancé by then....on a Celebrity cruise for their college graduation in March and they are both very excited about it! Also, like someone else said, it’s not real dressy. I wear capris to dinner almost every night. My husband wears khakis and a nice shirt. My daughter will probably wear sundresses and capris. No need to dress up unless you want to.

Looks like a wonderful itinerary with some of my favorite places - Paris and Barcelona being some of my top places to visit! We did a Med cruise last fall on Celebrity and connected with a much younger honeymooning couple. They had a fabulous time onboard and we had fun touching base with them throughout the cruise.

The Edge will have new types of accommodations, entertainment, dining and a suite Retreat, but is also retaining some of the Celebrity favorites. I would suggest coming over to the Edge Forum to find out about what we know about the Edge and what has yet to be revealed in the next 4 1/2 months before she sails December 1, 2018.

Here is the link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1095

Looks like a wonderful itinerary with some of my favorite places - Paris and Barcelona being some of my top places to visit! We did a Med cruise last fall on Celebrity and connected with a much younger honeymooning couple. They had a fabulous time onboard and we had fun touching base with them throughout the cruise.

The Edge will have new types of accommodations, entertainment, dining and a suite Retreat, but is also retaining some of the Celebrity favorites. I would suggest coming over to the Edge Forum to find out about what we know about the Edge and what has yet to be revealed in the next 4 1/2 months before she sails December 1, 2018.

Here is the link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1095

Thank you so much!

• 1 year later...

I'm booked on the Celebrity Apex (same class as the Edge) in cabin 10274 (S1) which is a corner Aft-Balcony. This room is on the 10th floor. Does anyone know if the noise coming from deck 14 (pool deck and Oceanview Bar) are able to be heard while in your cabin on deck 12? 

I want to get the corner aft suite on deck 12 but I'm worried about the noise. If anyone has any experience, I would appreciate the insight. 

Thanks!