Galaxy - Inside Cabin question

mostofus

We will be traveling on the Galaxy soon and I have a question about the TV's in the room, is there also a VCR in the room and pay per view movies available? I found this info on another site about the Mercury inside cabins so I am assuming it is the same for the Galaxy. Thanks for your help!

Mercury info -- "All cabins come with a seating area (expanded in suites), a little table, a television, a telephone, a stocked fridge (check prices before you open anything) and a safe. Oceanview rooms in all categories also come with VCR's; a large tape library with complimentary rentals is available at the reception desk. The television also has an interactive feature, where you can check your account balance, select shore excursions and order a pay-per-view movie."

We will be traveling on the Galaxy soon and I have a question about the TV's in the room, is there also a VCR in the room and pay per view movies available? I found this info on another site about the Mercury inside cabins so I am assuming it is the same for the Galaxy. Thanks for your help!

There are no vcr's in the inside cabins on Galaxy. I have not been on Mercury, but I have not seen a vcr in any oceanview cabin on any ship I have been on. You generally need to be in a suite or something similar to have a vcr.

Superjerry's right, no VCR's, but there are pay per view movies available. The seating area in my inside cabin on Galaxy consisted of an arm chair and a small round glass table. I don't mean that in a bad way, it was fine for me and so was the cabin, I just think the wording "seating area" might be a little misleading.

Terri

Mercury info -- "All cabins come with a seating area (expanded in suites), a little table, a television, a telephone, a stocked fridge (check prices before you open anything) and a safe. Oceanview rooms in all categories also come with VCR's; a large tape library with complimentary rentals is available at the reception desk. The television also has an interactive feature, where you can check your account balance, select shore excursions and order a pay-per-view movie."

The only "ocean view" cabins that seem to come standard with a VCR are the FO cabins in the aft of the ship. Am not sure if you requested one to be brought in for you.

However, we've noted that the majority of sets on Galaxy now have Sony TVs with A/V inputs right on the front of the set, so if you brought a portable DVD player (almost all have A/V outputs) and a few disks, you could see a few movies that way. As to the PPV, yes, they have this, but as I recall, it's something like $9.95 a movie -- not cheap.

The only "ocean view" cabins that seem to come standard with a VCR are the FO cabins in the aft of the ship.

True for Century but in general, Mercury/Galaxy cabins Cat 5 and up have VCRs. For example here is a recent picture taken by Patriotgirl of her Mercury Cat 5 cabin (with VCR shown): Mercury Cabin 8007

True for Century but in general, Mercury/Galaxy cabins Cat 5 and up have VCRs. For example here is a recent picture taken by Patriotgirl of her Mercury Cat 5 cabin (with VCR shown): Mercury Cabin 8007
Yet another "Century odd duck" situation?

I'm beginning to welcome the massive changes to Century that will place it completely in its own realm. Then we can talk instead about G-Class (M for Mercury is already taken:p ) ships and at least know that the two ships (Mercury and Galaxy) that would share that abbreviation are more likely to be identical in all respects. Just about the time I think I recall all of what was already different about Century vs. Galaxy/Mercury, I mix them up again. The lack/presence of the posts in the cabins behind reception was another recent eye-opener. Who'd have thought they could get away without them some of the time???

Yet another "Century odd duck" situation?

There are enough differences that some people insist that Century is really a cousin rather than a sister to Galaxy/Mercury.

Archived