Child locks for balcony rooms

TEGL

The only major change we will be making is we wont be leaving it open to enjoy the ocean sounds ... we used to love to do this, especially at night, when it was just my husband and I traveling.

Just FYI for future cruises. Please don't leave your balcony door open. There are numerous threads on this, including one with a very complete, engineering-type explanation. Anytime you do this it affects the air conditioning, not only in your cabin, but for blocks of cabins. Not all your neighbors appreciate no or less than normal air conditioning, especially in hot, humid climates.

Enjoy your cruise with your son - sure everything will be fine.

We were on Allure in June and had a Boardwalk balcony. There was NO child lock on our balcony door. I looked for one, not that I was concerned about a child going out on the balcony, but because the door closed and seemed locked, but it still could be opened from the balcony.

My son and his wife were in the next cabin and we had the divider open between the cabins. My granddaughter went between the two cabins and when we were leaving the cabin, I wanted to lock the door, and thought by turning the handle it would be locked. It appeared to be but at one point I didn't open the door and my granddaughter went into her parents cabin when we came back from dinner and I was in our cabin. She walked out on the balcony and then to our cabin. She just opened the door and walked in.

I looked for a lock at the top of the door, but there was none. I have been in a Boardwalk balcony previously, but didn't pay attention as the divider wasn't open and I just locked the door as I did this time. So, I don't know if this is how all Boardwalk balcony doors are or if for some reason our lock was missing. Our cabin number was 11266.

Central Park balconies on Oasis and Harmony have child locks, I can't imagine that Allure or Boardwalk are any different.

I think maybe you didn't recognize the child lock for what it was... next time, ask your cabin steward.

Central Park balconies on Oasis and Harmony have child locks, I can't imagine that Allure or Boardwalk are any different.

I think maybe you didn't recognize the child lock for what it was... next time, ask your cabin steward.

I have seen locks on other balcony doors and unless the child locks on the Boardwalk balcony are different from the other locks, there wasn't one on our door. I normally lock the balcony door with the lock whenever we leave the cabin.

I will be going on Harmony in a few months and will be once again in a Boardwalk balcony so I will look and if I don't see it, I will ask the steward. It just seemed strange to me to not find one last cruise.