Back to Back Cruises

kootz

Be sure to let your cabin steward know during the first segment that you will be moving to a different cabin so he/she will be prepared to help with the move.

Basically you will pack everything except your hanging clothes. (Don't forget to empty the safe.) The steward (or a helper) will move your suitcases and the hanging clothes to the new cabin, likely before 10 AM. If you wish, you can leave the ship to do an excursion (on your own or with Princess) and when you return, all will have been moved.

Wonderfu! Thank you for the detailed information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have B2B cruise in December with 2 different cabins. I'm assuming a cabin stewart will help move to the new cabin on another deck. What time does this take place? Before or after we go through the B2B custom meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

December cruise. If it is a U.S. turnaround port then you will have to go through immigration. You should have your stuff ready to move by 8am. Place as much on hangers as possible. Hanger stuff will be transferred hanging, and will be hung in your new closet. Speak with your current and new cabin steward before the last evening. You probably will be allowed to move some of your own stuff, especially stuff that goes into the safe, and place it in the new cabin safe.

Yes, if it is a US port, you will have to go thru immigration so they can "zero" the ship. However, the mechanism of doing this can vary. We've had the situation where there were many people doing B2B, so they had us all meet in a particular location. When all were logged in as "present" by the ship's staff, a Customs and Immigration agent appeared. We walked past him and barely flashed our passports and were free to go. We've also had a situation where there were 2 cabins doing B2B. We were told to go thru Customs by X time, after which we could leave the port area or reboard the ship (yes, we actually got off the ship and walked thru the Customs line, but the line was almost non-existent at that point).

We've had equally mixed messages with luggage. On one occasion we were told that everything could be left in the drawers and the steward would just swap out the drawers from the new cabin for those in our original cabin....pack up everything not hanging or in drawers. The more standard instruction seems to be to pack up everything that is not hanging.

Bottom line--follow the instructions you are given, whether you get them a day early or on the last full day.

Y

We've had equally mixed messages with luggage. On one occasion we were told that everything could be left in the drawers and the steward would just swap out the drawers from the new cabin for those in our original cabin....pack up everything not hanging or in drawers. The more standard instruction seems to be to pack up everything that is not hanging.

Bottom line--follow the instructions you are given' date=' whether you get them a day early or on the last full day.[/quote']

This is how RCI handels B2Bs.

I have always tried to get the same stateroom for B2B to avoid having to pack and move, since I usually book far in advance it is usually possible

This is lovely when it works. I booked a cruise a year in advance and waitlisted to be moved to a cabin that would work for both legs. I only got it when we tool a "move down" offer on one leg and I made being in the same cabin a condition of accepting the offer...that was a few weeks before the cruise

I have no idea what RCI does--never did a B2B with them. Great if they do the drawer bit.

So we're doing a B2B2B in November/December - 14 nights/10 nights/14 nights on the Caribbean Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. I booked all 3 of these online.

Questions -

1. Should I call Princess and have these 3 cruises linked?

2. Should I be expecting to have 1 cruise card for all 3 cruises?

3. It's 3 cruises, all in a Window suite so 6 additional cruise points for the Captains Circle, will my status change between cruises (right now I have 2 cruise credits - this will give me another 6 for a total of 8 which means I'll be Platinum by the end of this - or actually middle of it).

So we're doing a B2B2B in November/December - 14 nights/10 nights/14 nights on the Caribbean Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. I booked all 3 of these online.

Questions -

3. It's 3 cruises, all in a Window suite so 6 additional cruise points for the Captains Circle, will my status change between cruises (right now I have 2 cruise credits - this will give me another 6 for a total of 8 which means I'll be Platinum by the end of this - or actually middle of it).

You do want to have all the cruises linked.

Whether you get one cruise card or not is up to Princess. We have gotten one cruise card, others have reported having new cards issued.

Your status should change to platinum after the second leg. You might have to talk to the Captain's Circle host to make this happen. It will matter as you'll be a complimentary internet plan for the last leg. If you talk to the host during the second leg, she can be sure that your platinum benefits are applied at the start of the third.

Now, what I'm really waiting to find out is whether my coffee package (trade for mini bar) will last for our entire B2B or whether it will die after the first week. Yes, it matters because it will determine what I do with the mini bar the second week! We've had theories presented here, but no reports from someone who had done a B2B since they changed to the coffee package.

You do want to have all the cruises linked.

Whether you get one cruise card or not is up to Princess. We have gotten one cruise card' date=' others have reported having new cards issued.

Your status should change to platinum after the second leg. You might have to talk to the Captain's Circle host to make this happen. It will matter as you'll be a complimentary internet plan for the last leg. If you talk to the host during the second leg, she can be sure that your platinum benefits are applied at the start of the third.

Now, what I'm really waiting to find out is whether my coffee package (trade for mini bar) will last for our entire B2B or whether it will die after the first week. Yes, it matters because it will determine what I do with the mini bar the second week! We've had theories presented here, but no reports from someone who had done a B2B since they changed to the coffee package.[/quote']

Thanks.

Interesting question about the coffee cards - I was planning on switching out our mini bars on each cruise for the coffee cards - if the brewed coffee and leftover punches carry over, that's a whole other ball game.

Thanks.

Interesting question about the coffee cards - I was planning on switching out our mini bars on each cruise for the coffee cards - if the brewed coffee and leftover punches carry over, that's a whole other ball game.

And if only the punches carry over, I'll make sure to check out the premium tea during the first week.

Questions -

Since you booked on line you should call Princess and have your bookings marked no upgrade. That is what we do on b2b2b2b's. It provides you with a better chance of staying in the same cabin.

Since you booked on line you should call Princess and have your bookings marked no upgrade. That is what we do on b2b2b2b's. It provides you with a better chance of staying in the same cabin.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have to worry about that though - the cabin we're in is the only wheelchair accessible cabin for 3 people on the ship - there's no where to move us to.

speculation..on coffee card..no carry over...will be treated like the PBP, why would anyone would think it would be any different?

Carry over of internet minutes and OBC...would be a total different "bank."

Because Princess rep told us that with one cruise card, the package would be good for the entire B2B. The cruise was sold initially as 7 nights only, later a 14 night option was added....so it could have been purchased either way. She said that because the cost was the same whether purchased for the 7 night or the 14 night, what we get will be valid for our entire cruise up to the limit of the 15 punches.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have to worry about that though - the cabin we're in is the only wheelchair accessible cabin for 3 people on the ship - there's no where to move us to.

Oh, you're in "our" cabin. If you haven't done it before, it is great. The only problem is that the door into the hallway is HEAVY and there is no automatic switch on it. Also, no automatic opener on the door to the cabin, but it isn't as heavy. It isn't like the DCL HA cabins where you have automatic openers. Also, on formal nights, they will take photos right outside the hallway door--be careful as you walk out or you might run into their lights! They do put a sign on the door to warn you.

The location is wonderful--right by Crown Grill, Passenger Services, and entrance for CC dining, and near elevators. The drill is at the cigar bar, but you can stay in the entryway and avoid some of the smell. You do not have to attend the drill on the later legs. If you are on the CB, some of the cabinetry was a little banged up, but that's hard to avoid with chairs. The couch left a bit to be desired, but....

Because Princess rep told us that with one cruise card' date=' the package would be good for the entire B2B. The cruise was sold initially as 7 nights only, later a 14 night option was added....so it could have been purchased either way. She said that because the cost was the same whether purchased for the 7 night or the 14 night, what we get will be valid for our entire cruise up to the limit of the 15 punches.[/quote']

Interesting......

And u believe a Princess rep???:p:D

With one card it could be done....with no problem.

But your example was trading in the mini-bar on your past post...not purchasing the coffee card...not to say that once loaded on the card it would make much difference.

You'll have to report back, but then as you know things will be handled differently on different ships.

Because of having the PBP so much I have got plenty of old coffee cards to use...and on recent cruises with the PBP...have been giving the mini bar away...on my upcoming 10&28 b2b in OZ. We will see how the Sea princess handles these coffee cards, will keep mini for our own use.

Thx for posting info from the Princess rep.

Interesting......

And u believe a Princess rep???:p:D

With one card it could be done....with no problem.

But your example was trading in the mini-bar on your past post...not purchasing the coffee card...not to say that once loaded on the card it would make much difference.

You'll have to report back, but then as you know things will be handled differently on different ships.

Because of having the PBP so much I have got plenty of old coffee cards to use...and on recent cruises with the PBP...have been giving the mini bar away...on my upcoming 10&28 b2b in OZ. We will see how the Sea princess handles these coffee cards, will keep mini for our own use.

Thx for posting info from the Princess rep.

I appreciate the sarcasm and the concept of taking anything from a rep with a grain of salt. Yes, I'll report back on what happens with us, fully appreciating that the following cruise or on another ship things could be different. I don't have any other reasonable use for the mini-bar, so at least on the first leg it will become coffee packages, really for the punches. Neither of us drinks coffee, but I'm a tea freak, so will try the premium tea bags.

speculation..on coffee card..no carry over...will be treated like the PBP, why would anyone would think it would be any different?

The PBP is priced per day. So if the number of days you paid for (or were gifted) is used up at the end of a segment, there is nothing to carry over.

The coffee card (currently) has a fixed price no matter the length of the cruise.