What’s Included Drink Package

I don’t care if I’m opening a can of worms. I asked a question and was responded to with nasty condescending remarks. So it’s going to be followed up with however I decide to respond. Give me a break your actually making an excuse for nasty behavior. I really can’t believe that you took the time to comment on the fact that I’m defending people being treated badly. PLEASE

Here's the thing.....

You asked people to "move on and don’t remark" if they saw a post that somehow bothered them. But the problem arises when someone asks people to ignore and move on when the person complaining isn't willing to "ignore and move on" from the comments that made them upset.

For example....

Tom makes a post

David sees Tom's post and replies with a snide comment (snarky is overused, btw ;p)

Tom doesn't like David's comment and states that David should "ignore posts....move on"

David replies with "If you won't ignore and move on from my posts, why should I ignore and move on from your post?"

It's a public forum. Everyone can ask a question. Everyone can (within the rules) reply to that question even if the reply is unpleasant. If people don't like the replies, they can comment or ignore. Asking others to ignore when the person asking isn't ignoring is hypocritical.

Hey OP, I actually think it’s an interesting question. Given you are only paying the daily gratuity, it may actually make sense if you like n/a frozen drinks and mocktails. I’m betting you could get a specialty coffee drink with the shot “on the side” of you asked.

L1211: You are spot-on with your suggestion that you can get a "coffee" (I won't label it specialty because that is a bit subjective), but we ordered many Irish coffees on the BA with the Irish on the side - DH drank the Irish and DW the coffee. I must say, the bartender was a bit confused the first time we asked, but quickly caught on to the plan and was happy to oblige.

Hey OP, I actually think it’s an interesting question. Given you are only paying the daily gratuity, it may actually make sense if you like n/a frozen drinks and mocktails. I’m betting you could get a speciality coffee drink with the shot “on the side” of you asked. Just a few of those a day along with soda by the glass would easily cover the gratuity charge. So, the beverage package may very well be worth it for a non-drinker! And no, I’ve not seen this specifically discussed lately.

As as for your comments on the snarky remarks, you are so right!!!! it depletes the enjoyment from these boards. I find myself wanting to be the “nice police!” And call them out, But that seems to make me just negative... I do not understand hiding behind a keyboard to criticize, it just makes no sense. MOVE ON!!! Your snark is soooooo not wanted or appreciated. Find another outlet for your despair!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That actually is a good idea about the coffee. Good thinking. I don’t want a fancy coffee I just wanted a better one then the coffee in the buffet.

When you search, put quotation marks round the phrase you want to search (for example, "earliest boarding time"). That way you only get threads which include that whole phrase.

It's not perfect, but comes up with a lot more manageable results.

Thank you Keith! I tried the “ “ but got no results so I tried ( ) and that worked! Happy 💃 dance should make searching much better. 👍

L1211: You are spot-on with your suggestion that you can get a "coffee" (I won't label it specialty because that is a bit subjective), but we ordered many Irish coffees on the BA with the Irish on the side - DH drank the Irish and DW the coffee. I must say, the bartender was a bit confused the first time we asked, but quickly caught on to the plan and was happy to oblige.

I am so glad to see that this works. I had read this suggestion a couple of times before but did not know if anyone had actually tried it.

Edited by sirenitas

I apparently was not searching correctly. I saw a lot of posts about the money end of things but nothing about what was and was not included. I did see the information on NCL about the Lavazza not being included but I wasn’t sure exactly what that was. It’s been a couple yrs since I have been on a NCL cruise.

What is happening on CRUISE CRITIC? What is with the snarky remarks. If it is too much of a bother because you have seen the post before the move on and don’t remark.

I have been on these boards since 2011 and I’m really getting tired of the nasty remarks from some of the new members. That is not what these boards are about. The last 2 meet n greets I attended this was a common complaint. We have helped cruisers for years without these nasty attitudes. It needs to stop.

I totally agree. These boards are not what they used to be. Some people are just not nice. I agree if you do not have anything nice to say move on.....If we knew the answer we wouldnt be asking.