What’s Included Drink Package

I’m sorry if this has been discussed before. I have looked everywhere for this answer. With the drink package am I able to get a coffee from the speciality coffee area? I don’t drink alcohol but do drink sodas and coffee. Trying to decide if it’s worth it for me.

specialty coffee is not included in the ubp

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

I’m sorry if this has been discussed before. I have looked everywhere for this answer. With the drink package am I able to get a coffee from the speciality coffee area? I don’t drink alcohol but do drink sodas and coffee. Trying to decide if it’s worth it for me.

Discussed a lot (search UBP)! Terms and conditions on NCL site:

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

NO specialty coffee!!!

Only fountain soft drinks and some juices, or "mocktails".

Probably not worth it for non-alcoholics beverage drinks, unless you consume at least 5 Pepsi brand products, or more than 2 "mocktails" (or, some combination of soda and mocktails daily).

LOL! Had to chuckle when you said "looked everywhere" when there are posts about this nearly every single day. But, as others have said, specialty coffee, bottled water, and canned soda are not included in the drink package. It includes beer, wine by the glass, liqueur, soda from the soda gun at all the bars, and virgin drinks. It covers the first $15 of any drink. If you order a drink that costs more than $15, you pay the difference and gratuity on the difference.

I apparently was not searching correctly. I saw a lot of posts about the money end of things but nothing about what was and was not included. I did see the information on NCL about the Lavazza not being included but I wasn’t sure exactly what that was. It’s been a couple yrs since I have been on a NCL cruise.

What is happening on CRUISE CRITIC? What is with the snarky remarks. If it is too much of a bother because you have seen the post before the move on and don’t remark.

I have been on these boards since 2011 and I’m really getting tired of the nasty remarks from some of the new members. That is not what these boards are about. The last 2 meet n greets I attended this was a common complaint. We have helped cruisers for years without these nasty attitudes. It needs to stop.

I apparently was not searching correctly. I saw a lot of posts about the money end of things but nothing about what was and was not included. I did see the information on NCL about the Lavazza not being included but I wasn’t sure exactly what that was. It’s been a couple yrs since I have been on a NCL cruise.

What is happening on CRUISE CRITIC? What is with the snarky remarks. If it is too much of a bother because you have seen the post before the move on and don’t remark.

I have been on these boards since 2011 and I’m really getting tired of the nasty remarks from some of the new members. That is not what these boards are about. The last 2 meet n greets I attended this was a common complaint. We have helped cruisers for years without these nasty attitudes. It needs to stop.

So glad you posted this, that’s my experience too and I could name the cruise line boards which are the worst for it too.

In my experience, if a question is asked, then either a) reply with the answer if you can, b) offer a suggestion as to where the question maybe answered or c) refrain from replying with no information, if all you can post are just sarcastic comments to appear smug.

As far as I’m concerned, there is no such thing as a stupid question, but there are many stupid remarks.

I agree about the snarky remarks. They have gotten really bad across all boards and I made the very same comment to my husband that it takes awhile to get to some real answers we are searching for, regardless of how often they may or not not be asked d/t to those making the remarks trying to "outdo" each other with more and more of them.

The coffee not being included is a real bummer as this is such a demand nowadays. But figures - same as having to buy crepes now instead of at the back of the buffet as may of my other cruises on NCL.

Hope you have a nice evening.

Absolutely agree! You should be able to ask any question you want. I try to search to find an answer, but if I am unsuccessful, I would not want to worry about asking a question :rolleyes: There is no such thing as a stupid question so please move on if you don't want to answer

I have learned so many great things on here. I have met so many wonderful people on here. I hate to see what is happening. Who is going to want to attend a Meet N Greet or a slot pull if they feel like they have to watch what they say. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’m not going to let it continue. Enough of the nasty comments. If people don’t want to help then don’t comment at all.

Let’s help you. Google “NCL beverage package terms and conditions”.

The coffee not being included is a real bummer as this is such a demand nowadays. But figures - same as having to buy crepes now instead of at the back of the buffet as may of my other cruises on NCL.

What?? buy the crepes?? We had them in April many nights...

and as for the OP - maybe the soda package would be the better package to get if you don't drink alcohol.

The answer is not technically a black & white "no" to Specialty Coffees....... if your vacation is booked through an European agent then you will have the Premium All-Inclusive (which includes the UBP) that does allow for complimentary Specialty Coffee at dinner in the dining venue:

https://www.ncl.com/it/en/all-inclusive

However, a straight UBP then it's a "no" .

Never mind the total jerks (being REAL nice) who responded with a snarky remark. They are so perfect.:rolleyes::rolleyes:Honestly, if people didn't ask things that have already been asked then there would be ZERO posts. It ALL has been covered at some point. Then those who are trying to get their post count up (losers) for absolutely no reason/reward wouldn't be able to do so....:mad:

👍 Agree! Sometimes I need an answer that requires a multi word search and I don’t know how to do that. Eg “earliest boarding time” I would get posts for “earliest” “boarding” and/or “time” - eeeeek! If you can help, great; if not, silence is golden. JMHO

I’ve learned so much on this site and I thank all of you who contribute so much. For those who just like to appear clever, you’re not much help.

We are cruising a couple months out and purchased the UBP. My wife loves her coffee, but just the plain old stuff not the high end stuff. Would a basic black coffee be eligible on the UBP at the specialty coffee places?

👍 Agree! Sometimes I need an answer that requires a multi word search and I don’t know how to do that. Eg “earliest boarding time” I would get posts for “earliest” “boarding” and/or “time” - eeeeek! If you can help, great; if not, silence is golden. JMHO

I’ve learned so much on this site and I thank all of you who contribute so much. For those who just like to appear clever, you’re not much help.

When you search, put quotation marks round the phrase you want to search (for example, "earliest boarding time"). That way you only get threads which include that whole phrase.

It's not perfect, but comes up with a lot more manageable results.

No specialty coffees. If you do not drink alcohol there would be no reason to even consider the drink package.

I have learned so many great things on here. I have met so many wonderful people on here. I hate to see what is happening. Who is going to want to attend a Meet N Greet or a slot pull if they feel like they have to watch what they say. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’m not going to let it continue. Enough of the nasty comments. If people don’t want to help then don’t comment at all.

Maybe you are opening up a can of worms, or whatever, but snarky remarks should be a different topic. You asked about coffee on the beverage package and that has nothing to do with snotty remarks. As for M&Gs and gripes; M&G is not the place either for voicing complaints in my opinion.

We are cruising a couple months out and purchased the UBP. My wife loves her coffee, but just the plain old stuff not the high end stuff. Would a basic black coffee be eligible on the UBP at the specialty coffee places?

Yes but that should be available at all times in the buffet area. I’m not sure yet if we can get a black coffee at the little restaurant with the desserts.

Maybe you are opening up a can of worms, or whatever, but snarky remarks should be a different topic. You asked about coffee on the beverage package and that has nothing to do with snotty remarks. As for M&Gs and gripes; M&G is not the place either for voicing complaints in my opinion.

I don’t care if I’m opening a can of worms. I asked a question and was responded to with nasty condescending remarks. So it’s going to be followed up with however I decide to respond. Give me a break your actually making an excuse for nasty behavior. I really can’t believe that you took the time to comment on the fact that I’m defending people being treated badly. PLEASE

You are so WRONG. When the petty and snarky comments come in response to an innocent question its fair game to respond to them.

If anyone is tired of a similar question or has no interest in the topic asked about, simply do NOT open the thread and comment. Why so many feel the need to chime in with endless "do your own research" , "not another thread", blah blah blah. Why are they wasting time to actually open and write such things.

There are many on this board who live ONLY to comment on other's comments. They never add anything of value to the board, answer questions, or share experiences. They only flame OP's, troll people, or try to convince everyone their opinion is the only one that matters.

Hey OP, I actually think it’s an interesting question. Given you are only paying the daily gratuity, it may actually make sense if you like n/a frozen drinks and mocktails. I’m betting you could get a speciality coffee drink with the shot “on the side” of you asked. Just a few of those a day along with soda by the glass would easily cover the gratuity charge. So, the beverage package may very well be worth it for a non-drinker! And no, I’ve not seen this specifically discussed lately.

As as for your comments on the snarky remarks, you are so right!!!! it depletes the enjoyment from these boards. I find myself wanting to be the “nice police!” And call them out, But that seems to make me just negative... I do not understand hiding behind a keyboard to criticize, it just makes no sense. MOVE ON!!! Your snark is soooooo not wanted or appreciated. Find another outlet for your despair!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk