Embarkation Day Lunch Options?

Abeynrml

We are sailing on the Magic next month. Does anyone know what dining options are open for lunch other than the Lido buffet upon Embarkation? On our last Carnival cruise the Lido buffet was a like a three ring circus when we boarded.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We ate at the Italian restaurant on Deck 11 on Embarkation Day. Not a lot of customers, and food was great.

This is what I did on Breeze. It's what I'm doing on Dream. And I'd imagine it's the same on Magic. Nice, quiet sit down restaurant and there's no additional charge for lunch. Most people won't find it on embarkation day. They'll stop and eat on the lido. The place was 90% empty on embarkation day...and 90% full on the last sea day.

If you are in to Indian food at all, Tandoor usually is a good bet to "get away from madness" on embarkation day. I would avoid the main Lido buffet.

Last year on the Breeze, my wife grabbed a table at the Italian place and ordered some pasta, and I grabbed a plate from Tandoor and met here up there. The place was empty.

On Dream, there was a little pasta place on Deck 11 just above the Lido buffet. It's tucked away and not really advertised, so we've never seen it crowded. You choose your pasta and toppings and they bring it to your table.

The other things not suggested yet are the Deli, Pizzaria, and Blue Iguana Cantina. Those are all on the Lido, so it might be a bit crowded, but it's not the main buffet area. Like others have suggested, if you go upstairs to the pasta place it is a lot less crowded even if you aren't ordering pasta.

They are all really good options, but I love Indian food, so the Tandoor is one of my favorites. A lot of the chefs on Carnival are Indian, so that is always a good choice. Of course Guy's burgers is great, and I haven't tried Guy's BBQ, but it looks really good too. The burritos at Blue Iguana aren't my favorite, but I love their tacos and salsa bar.

Is Tandoor like a separate buffet grab and go type place? But separate from Lido buffet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it is a smaller buffet in the aft of the ship outside of the main buffet. It's across from the Pizza place. They usually have a couple cold items and a few sauces, Naan, and several hot items.

If you are in to Indian food at all, Tandoor usually is a good bet to "get away from madness" on embarkation day. I would avoid the main Lido buffet.

Last year on the Breeze, my wife grabbed a table at the Italian place and ordered some pasta, and I grabbed a plate from Tandoor and met here up there. The place was empty.

I agree with this. There was never a line at tandoor when I was on the magic in June.

Sent from my iPad using Forums