Skyride cheaper through Carnival- really?

nessz79

In March, it will be our first time to St Thomas and we are thinking of doing the Skyride. We know it's a bit of a tourist trap and are ok with that. Through Carnival's excursions, it's $19.99, but is listed as $21 per person otherwise. Imagine my shock that something could be cheaper booking through the cruise line. Is there a glitch? :D

In March, it will be our first time to St Thomas and we are thinking of doing the Skyride. We know it's a bit of a tourist trap and are ok with that. Through Carnival's excursions, it's $19.99, but is listed as $21 per person otherwise. Imagine my shock that something could be cheaper booking through the cruise line. Is there a glitch? :D

Yes, I heard that too, and couldn't believe it. We'll be there in September so I've been researching it.

Yes, I heard that too, and couldn't believe it. We'll be there in September so I've been researching it.

No, not a glitch. We were in St. Thomas on our last cruise and got our tickets for the Skyride through Carnival for the same price of $19.99. :D

enhance

No, not a glitch. We were in St. Thomas on our last cruise and got our tickets for the Skyride through Carnival for the same price of $19.99. :D

enhance

Wow!!!! Amazing. Did you purchase the tickets as you were leaving the ship that morning? Looks pretty. Did you enjoy it?

Wow!!!! Amazing. Did you purchase the tickets as you were leaving the ship that morning? Looks pretty. Did you enjoy it?

I purchased them on-line, through Carnival as a shore excursion, a couple weeks before our cruise. There is no set time to use the tickets, you can go any time you want. The tickets were delivered to our cabin.

Attaching Carnival's link to purchase the tickets as a shore excursion.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/st-thomas/st-thomas-skyride-to-paradise-point-434008

Edited by pghsteelerfan
Editing because every time I space once, it ends up "double spacing"....ugh!!! CC, something I'm doing wrong?

I purchased them on-line, through Carnival as a shore excursion, a couple weeks before our cruise. There is no set time to use the tickets, you can go any time you want. The tickets were delivered to our cabin.

Attaching Carnival's link to purchase the tickets as a shore excursion.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/st-thomas/st-thomas-skyride-to-paradise-point-434008

Awesome. Thanks. Did you enjoy it. Looks pretty?

At the top is a nice place for refreshments....they push the 'bushwhacker' (made with Baileys)...suggest that you sit down to have one...and don't plan on walking down the paved road to get to street level. Potent!

Awesome. Thanks. Did you enjoy it. Looks pretty?

Yes and we loved the views, very pretty. I imagine if it was raining or a lot of cloud cover there may not be much of a view. Went in the morning vs. later in the day when late afternoon showers sometimes pop up for the best chance. We really enjoyed the Bushwacker drinks they sell up there too.

Yes and we loved the views, very pretty. I imagine if it was raining or a lot of cloud cover there may not be much of a view. Went in the morning vs. later in the day when late afternoon showers sometimes pop up for the best chance. We really enjoyed the Bushwacker drinks they sell up there too.
Awesome! We're looking forward to it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

It's been a few years, but we too bought our skyride tickets through the ship to save a couple of dollar only to discover that you could find discount coupons in the port that would have saved even more. I can't recall if someone was handing them out or if we found them in a visitor's information booth.