Boarding in Quebec City when first night stays in port?

Booked an itinerary that begins as an overnight in Quebec City first night/sail on the second night.

I've only sailed Carnival before and we get FTTF so not sure when boarding is for Royal. We have a regular room and not a suite, on the Adventure. We may fly into QC the night before or fly to Montreal/take the train to QC that morning depending on when boarding is.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

We did this on Explorer a few years ago, we stayed in Montreal and took the train which I can recommend as it was truly picturesque, when we got to Quebec the traffic was bad so we got out of the cab and walked the final part to the port, once onboard (about 1230) we had some lunch, dropped our bags in the room when it opened and then went ashore to explore, if I recall they did not have the muster drill until the following day just before sailaway. It is a really nice sailaway from Quebec too.

Boarding will be like a regular sailing, probably starting around 11. But, you can board much later if you want.

Hi

We did this on Explorer a few years ago, we stayed in Montreal and took the train which I can recommend as it was truly picturesque, when we got to Quebec the traffic was bad so we got out of the cab and walked the final part to the port, once onboard (about 1230) we had some lunch, dropped our bags in the room when it opened and then went ashore to explore, if I recall they did not have the muster drill until the following day just before sailaway. It is a really nice sailaway from Quebec too.

We were just there in June and did the train from Montreal to QC, agreed - it was beautiful. Did a brief sightseeing cruise when we were in QC and that is what inspired me to look at an actual cruise - it is beautiful on the St Lawrence looking up at the city. Knowing that we can board as early as 11 helps me plan too - thanks!

We were just there in June and did the train from Montreal to QC, agreed - it was beautiful. Did a brief sightseeing cruise when we were in QC and that is what inspired me to look at an actual cruise - it is beautiful on the St Lawrence looking up at the city. Knowing that we can board as early as 11 helps me plan too - thanks!

Quebec City is beautiful . Spend your time in old town. We stayed at Auberge Place d'Armes on the square and we were able to walk to everything we wanted to do. Included breakfast and has a top rated restaurant.

Edited by ssb