Upgrading from classic beverage package to deluxe beverage package?

nunuc2000

Read on another post that we can upgrade from the classic beverage package to a "deluxe all-inclusive drink package" for just $8 per day per person. Does anyone know what the difference is between the "classic" and the "deluxe" package? Does the deluxe include bottled water, specialty coffees, etc.? I can't find any info about it on the NCL website.

Read on another post that we can upgrade from the classic beverage package to a "deluxe all-inclusive drink package" for just $8 per day per person. Does anyone know what the difference is between the "classic" and the "deluxe" package? Does the deluxe include bottled water, specialty coffees, etc.? I can't find any info about it on the NCL website.

NCL does not offer a classic or deluxe package. I think you confused NCL with a Celebrity post.

Perhaps I mis-interpreted what the poster was showing... and they might have meant that was the case on a different cruise line. In that case... bummer.

Other than specialty coffee, and bottled water you get anything that NCL offers that is under $15 with the package. If the cost is more than $15 you pay the cost - $15, plus and additional 20% of the amount. For an $18 drink you pay $3, plus 20% for a total of $3.60.

Yup, that would be Celebrity probably. It's $10 a day to upgrade though not $8. I do prefer Celebrities beverage package over NCLs. It's way cheaper for one thing ($69 for the premium) and covers all beverages including water, specialty coffees, juice etc. Also when you get it as a perk they don't tack on any additional gratuity. NCLs free beverage package still costs $18 a day just for the grats.

Yup... that's the one I was referring to... got my hopes up and then dashed. LOL! ;p

Sorry I was only trying to show the difference in price for the packages on MSC and what was included based on this topic. I am going on Bliss later this year so have a genuine interest in the discussion re what is included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup, that would be Celebrity probably. It's $10 a day to upgrade though not $8. I do prefer Celebrities beverage package over NCLs. It's way cheaper for one thing ($69 for the premium) and covers all beverages including water, specialty coffees, juice etc. Also when you get it as a perk they don't tack on any additional gratuity. NCLs free beverage package still costs $18 a day just for the grats.

Actually the $10 was before they increased the price to $69. Now it's $14/day + gratuity