Just off Allure...happy to answer any questions if I can

I don't have any questions just yet, but we board Allure on Sunday doing the same itinerary and I cannot wait!

Counting the hours!! Did you sign up for the roll call? Do you have any kids? Boarding Sunday with DW, DD (5), DS(3), DD (8 months)

My DD and I are sailing with you this Sunday! We are in a GS on deck 8. I am Diamond and DD is Emerald. So, we will be using the CL and CK a good bit. Sailed Allure this same week last year in a GS on deck 9. Love this ship. Enjoy your cruise.

I know I think I might have asked you what you thought about the GS a few months ago. We are in GS on Deck 8 on the port side. We become platinum this cruise! From what I hear that no longer means much. Ha! Sailing with DW and our three littles ones 5 and under. It won't be relaxing but we're there for the experience and for the memories that will last a lifetime! Our 5 year old will be a platinum in her own right! I've already booked 2 dinners in CK and we will likely be a fixture there for breakfast.

Have you dined at Izumi? The kids love the Hibachi show but $45 each for a 5 year old and 3 year old is hard to swallow.

DH and I just returned on Allure today. We travelled to St Martin, San Juan and Labadee. We had an ocean view balcony on deck 8. We ate at Giovanni’s, 150 Central Park and the MDR. You all have been so helpful over the years and I’d be happy to answer any questions if I can😊

Since the San Juan hours are so odd what did you do while in port there? We've been there on a land vacation before so I'm thinking we hit the fort, eat some Mofongo and get back on the ship. Ideas welcome!

DH and I just returned on Allure today. We travelled to St Martin, San Juan and Labadee. We had an ocean view balcony on deck 8. We ate at Giovanni’s, 150 Central Park and the MDR. You all have been so helpful over the years and I’d be happy to answer any questions if I can😊

One more question. When were the rooms ready on embarkation day?

My DD and I are sailing with you this Sunday! We are in a GS on deck 8. I am Diamond and DD is Emerald. So, we will be using the CL and CK a good bit. Sailed Allure this same week last year in a GS on deck 9. Love this ship. Enjoy your cruise.

Please post after your cruise! I am hoping to get a GS for our next cruise and would like to hear about it as well as your experiences with CL and CK.

Have a great cruise!

Staterooms were ready at 1 and we never have really felt any motion on the Oasis class ships. Last week it was super windy and the wind was really noticeable up on the pool decks but that’s about all.

As far as San Juan, last week it rained from about 10:30 ish till 12:30 or so and we just stayed on the ship. However, last year we did walk up to the fort for the history and great views. We had a restaurant named Mojito’s recommended to us. It is walking distance from the ship and hope to be able to make it there next time😊

We will be doing the same itinerary on Allure in mid-September. It will be our first time on Allure (have done Oasis and Harmony) so looking forward to it.

We are thinking about eating at 150 Central Park and Izumi Hibachi. Was Izumi Hibachi included in your 2-day dining package? Did you hear any comments from people that ate there - either good or bad? Hoping we can use our D+ BOGOs the first two nights.

I saw a copy of Allure Cruise Compasses from back in March and I noticed Pickleball listed as an activity on the sports court. I saw more recent copies of the Cruise Compass and did not notice it listed anymore. Do you happen to remember if it was mentioned in the Compass on your cruise? Trying to decide if I should bring my paddle or not! Thanks.

We will be doing the same itinerary on Allure in mid-September. It will be our first time on Allure (have done Oasis and Harmony) so looking forward to it.

We are thinking about eating at 150 Central Park and Izumi Hibachi. Was Izumi Hibachi included in your 2-day dining package? Did you hear any comments from people that ate there - either good or bad? Hoping we can use our D+ BOGOs the first two nights.

I saw a copy of Allure Cruise Compasses from back in March and I noticed Pickleball listed as an activity on the sports court. I saw more recent copies of the Cruise Compass and did not notice it listed anymore. Do you happen to remember if it was mentioned in the Compass on your cruise? Trying to decide if I should bring my paddle or not! Thanks.

I'm looking at a compass from this same itinerary from May 27th and I see adult pickle ball tournament at 5pm on sea day 3 on the sports court. Sure it's a few months old, and may have been removed, but in order to have this thing running like a well oiled machine that try to change the compass as little as possible. Good luck!

First time on RC coming up on the Allure. Very excited 😊. We usually sail with princess and can get to our room immediately upon getting on the ship. What is it like on the Allure. Hate to check luggage - one cruise they left luggage in the street so a bit gun shy- but thinking with so many people they probably don’t have rooms ready early. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

I'm looking at a compass from this same itinerary from May 27th and I see adult pickle ball tournament at 5pm on sea day 3 on the sports court. Sure it's a few months old, and may have been removed, but in order to have this thing running like a well oiled machine that try to change the compass as little as possible. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We actually looked into going to Izumi but there were no reservations available. Not sure if they are included in the BOGO promotion but have been told they get sold out regularly and early. We enjoyed the MDR on nights 3-7. Food was fine but our waiter and his assistant are why we went back each night. We have had good MDR service in the past but these two were in a league of their own!

We are sailing on the 12th of this month! Beyond excited!! We are on Deck 8 GS. Any special bars nearby that aren't overly crowded? We have specialty dining at Chops and the Japanese Restaurant (can't remember the name offhand). We are doing the Western Caribbean. We have a few excursions set but haven't decided on what to do in Costa Mesa. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hibachi is not included in the BOGO, multi night dining package or with the Diamond Plus Discount. We have sailed on Allure four times and have tried to use some kind of discount every time. I do believe it's not included because it is sold out every night. It is a small venue with 3 tables (I think 3) that seat 8 people.

I think it is definitely worth it because even though we have Hibachi restaurants near home, none serve scallops and lobster combos. My family went in June on Allure and went there. I had the above-mentioned, granddaughter had the filet and son and daughter-in-law had the chicken and steak. My son and daughter-in-law were not impressed with their steak even though it was a strip steak and that's one of their favs. They tried my granddaughter's filet and loved it, so next time it's going to filet for them and the lobster and scallops for me.