Liquor package discount

I keep getting entails with 20% off the liquor package. Has anyone seen a deal with more than 20% off lately? I don’t need to know about a year back just recently.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have seen 30% off. But after researching it, it seems like it wouldn't matter. Royal Caribbean has what's known as the Royal Math. You can read about it here... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2661165

Basically it is a percentage off the on-board price. But what they don't tell you is the exact on-board price. That is because this mystery price can fluctuate at any time. Meaning they can offer 20% off the on-board price, but they can bump the on-board price up to make up for the 20% difference.

The best way to do it from what I have learned is to calculate per drink+ per person+ per day consumption. The consensus is that 15 + drinks (which includes sodas and specialty drinks) a day will make the deluxe drink package worth it. I don't know about you but I don't even drink water 15 times a day. You also have to account for time you won't be on the ship aka dock days. If you will be on excursions most of the day, it will eat into the 15 drinks per day target.

But all in all it is your decision. Most people get the drink package for peace of mind.

I have seen 30% off. But after researching it, it seems like it wouldn't matter. Royal Caribbean has what's known as the Royal Math. You can read about it here... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2661165

Basically it is a percentage off the on-board price. But what they don't tell you is the exact on-board price. That is because this mystery price can fluctuate at any time. Meaning they can offer 20% off the on-board price, but they can bump the on-board price up to make up for the 20% difference.

The best way to do it from what I have learned is to calculate per drink+ per person+ per day consumption. The consensus is that 15 + drinks (which includes sodas and specialty drinks) a day will make the deluxe drink package worth it. I don't know about you but I don't even drink water 15 times a day. You also have to account for time you won't be on the ship aka dock days. If you will be on excursions most of the day, it will eat into the 15 drinks per day target.

But all in all it is your decision. Most people get the drink package for peace of mind.

Not to mention if you are Diamond and you get free drinks in the early evening. Definitely not worth it. But very convenient, lol.

Have one idea how you came up with15 drinks, if you have 4 or 5 drinks and a few waters it will pay for the cost of the package, have gotten package last 7 cruises even though we were in suite with acess to the free lounges.

Have one idea how you came up with15 drinks, if you have 4 or 5 drinks and a few waters it will pay for the cost of the package, have gotten package last 7 cruises even though we were in suite with acess to the free lounges.

Agree, not sure about the 15 drinks unless you're just saying like sodas or something. Cocktails and glasses of wine are typically $9-$13, so 5-6 would fully pay for it. You can get 1-2 beers for that same price, 2-3 specialty coffees/hot chocolates, or 3-4 sodas/bottles of water. You can mix and match to see if it's worth it or not.

Three of us travel together and are all Diamond. At $45/person/day for the package that would be $945 per cruise. Everyone in the cabin has to get the package.

On the Harmony we spent $226.26 on liquor and the Allure $199.68. We drank plenty of free drinks in the diamond/suite lounges and using the 3 additional free drinks a night each. This included wine at dinner.

I can't imagine how much a diamond/suite guest has to drink to break even. We are spending 1/4 the cost of the package.

Three of us travel together and are all Diamond. At $45/person/day for the package that would be $945 per cruise. Everyone in the cabin has to get the package.

On the Harmony we spent $226.26 on liquor and the Allure $199.68. We drank plenty of free drinks in the diamond/suite lounges and using the 3 additional free drinks a night each. This included wine at dinner.

I can't imagine how much a diamond/suite guest has to drink to break even. We are spending 1/4 the cost of the package.

Package is not for everyone, diamond and suite perks are great, but I do not drink cheap wine that is served in diamond or suite lounge, we normally have a couple of glasses with lunch and dinner that alone pays for package, lounge is fine for beer and some mixed drinks.