Guaranteed cabin assigned-any chance Az will switch it for a cabin father aft?

Maya_C

We were assigned a cabin a few weeks after booking a guarantee for a cruise in mid-October on the Journey. I'm happy with the deck, but the cabin is next to the forward elevators. Booking sites show 7 or 8 cabins available in the same grade on the same deck, but closer to mid-ship, where there would be less motion. Is there any point in asking my TA to contact Az and request they exchange the assigned cabin for one of the others? I know I took a risk in booking a guarantee, and it's not a bad cabin, especially for someone who'd rather be close to the elevators. If it's a matter of a couple of clicks, maybe Az would do it. I'd appreciate any guidance on the Az policy on making this type of exchange. Thank you in advance for your help.

~Maya

We were assigned a cabin a few weeks after booking a guarantee for a cruise in mid-October on the Journey. I'm happy with the deck, but the cabin is next to the forward elevators. Booking sites show 7 or 8 cabins available in the same grade on the same deck, but closer to mid-ship, where there would be less motion. Is there any point in asking my TA to contact Az and request they exchange the assigned cabin for one of the others? I know I took a risk in booking a guarantee, and it's not a bad cabin, especially for someone who'd rather be close to the elevators. If it's a matter of a couple of clicks, maybe Az would do it. I'd appreciate any guidance on the Az policy on making this type of exchange. Thank you in advance for your help.

~Maya

Call and ask. We've had cabins switched as long as it is in the same category.

That's the rub. Without looking at the deck plans properly of day that you'd be a different category. Maybe V3 and the mishaps are V2s on deck 7. In which case you won't have much luck. If it is the same category then you are in the US so ask. As it happens I like the forward location, but don't suffer motion sickness.

Phil

Thank you. Is this something my TA has to do if I booked through her, or can I do it myself?~Maya

Thanks for taking the time to comment on guarantee staterooms. Cruise critics are really generous about sharing their knowledge and advice. My TA got my cabin changed to one in the same category but a more desirable location, at least to me. It took less than 2 minutes.

~Maya

Thanks for taking the time to comment on guarantee staterooms. Cruise critics are really generous about sharing their knowledge and advice. My TA got my cabin changed to one in the same category but a more desirable location, at least to me. It took less than 2 minutes.

~Maya

I'm glad it worked out for you Maya. It never hurts to ask!